cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UDiggit
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Ping fluctuating despite me being the only person online.

Hi, so I usually do a ping test before I play games and it's always perfectly accurate. My ping is usually 34ms with no one else online. However, recently it's going up and down, preventing me from doing anything. It will start out at 34 and then immediately leap to 90+, then back down to 40 etc. I can see this using the command prompt as it pings and I've verified it in game where it hangs around the 80 mark, despite usually staying at 40 max. 

Since there's no one else online, I can't help but thinking my internet is being throttled. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ping fluctuating despite me being the only person online.

Wired or wireless?

BT do not throttle, or traffic manage.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
UDiggit
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Wireless, but then again I've always had wireless and never had any issues with it until now.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Try testing wired.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings