cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Ping increase?

I seem to have gained 10MS ping and gained 1mbps on my upload, strange.

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 22

I tested a download today and I am getting my full 10MBs download speed and upload was going at 2.4MBs earlier to YouTube, I just tried another file now but only getting 400kbps, it seems I still lose speed at night. 

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 13 of 22

you can try rebooting the homehub and you should get a new ip address to see if speed is any better
0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 22

Just an update to say that my line is still synced at 77.43Mband however my ping has now dropped back down to 11ms as before. This is great news, maybe whatever was causing line noise has gone however I have no clue as to what the reason may have been. 

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 22

i think there were routing changes due to the cable break a few days ago
these may now have been reversed
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 16 of 22

I honestly haven't seen no ping increases recently, i would more so say an overall reduction in pings, albeit only a few milliseconds, but hey ho i'll take anything 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 22

I've noticed my ping double from 10ms to 21ms. 

IP Profile is still hte same, but the my have dropped slightly. 

Hope it doesn't keep heading in that direction.

Same IP Address and no suggestion of a reboot. 
Installed a week ago.

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 22

Mine did go back to normal 11ms as has been stable at that ever since so not sure what happened to me but I would imagine that yours will also stabalise. 

0 Ratings
lfletch
Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Stuartd when your pings went back to normal did you reset your router for that to happen? 

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 20 of 22

I would not worry about it, ping ratings betwweon 0 - 50 are absolute fine for online gaming. If you are getting 17 - 19 or 10, which ever that is ok, do not worry, I get 26ms and I have superb online gaming, I suggest always connect your consoles etc.. to ethernet and then you will have no problems online. Goodluck!.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings