Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 32

Re: Pinterest

Go to solution

@msuggs: Have you changed the DNS in the router, if it allows it or on your Mac otherwise, with 1 of the pairs of public DNS (both slots) that I gave earlier?

Beginner
Message 32 of 32

Re: Pinterest

Go to solution

I've only just joined BT Infinity and have spent the last week struggling to access pinterest, thinking it's their web site/server down only to discover that it's BT! I've tried flushing DNS on all my Macs etc. to no avail. I don't know how to change the router's DNS and didn't want to cause more problem, so i left it and called BT helpline instead. The online help couldn't solve the problem so they passed me onto their supervisor who admitted it's a known issue but can't resolve the problem, so i was told to get in touch with BT/techexperts, but guess what, they charge for this service!!!!! How friggin rediculous is that! They won't help unless i pay up!! I've only been with BT for 2 weeks and they expect me to pay for help!!!!

i was about to cancel my contract with BT but had a lightbulb moment! I logged onto my own hub using BT Fon and voila... i can access pinterest! I have set all my devices to connect to use BT Fon wifi and pinterest works fine! So this is temporary solution! Based on this process of elimination... BT Smart Hub has a firmware glitch acting like it's got Parental Control switched on despite it being OFF!!! for whatever reason!

in short, use your own BT Fon wifi to get onto pinterest! I hope that helps?

0 Ratings