cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Pixalating pictures..............Absolute rubbish!!

I have been enduring pixalation for weeks now. I have posted on the YouView site and had a standard check everything including the kitchen sink reply.

I was getting a100% strength with 50-60% quality so I added a booster with took the quality to above 70%. I checked all the connections and changed cables. I also bleached the sink. Did this make a difference.....NO.

I had invited some mates around to watch sport today and no way was I going to endure this rubbish service. I undid the YouView box and plugged straight into the TV. Result - brilliant unflickering picture.

My good lady came home and said, "Ahh thats better you've got the YouView box working." Yes says I. I unplugged it!!

Unless something dramatic happens I will be cancelling my whole BT package at the soonest possibility.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Pixalating pictures..............Absolute rubbish!!

I had similar trouble but only with the HD channels. Turned out the box was overheating causing problems with reception. This was then worsened by my aerial cable becoming damaged by frequent removal to try and fix the problem myself. An engineer came round and replaced the box and all is fine now
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

It is possible to make a singal from an aerial too strong. Does your booster have an adjuster on it or is it fixed? I have a powered 4 way splitter/booster and if I turn this up too high I lose some programs.

It can also depend on where you place a booster in the line. They are quite dumb devices and just amplify the signal you are getting so if it is too close to your TV you may just be amplifying the errors.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

When you added the booster did you retune the channels i did and it worked for me .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Maybe a little late to help the original poster, but I had similar issues with pixelation and signal loss.  My signal strength was fine, however the signal quality would randomly drop and the picture would break up.   The problem was solved with a high-pass TVI filter, just plug it in and re-tune, no guarantees but it worked for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I have this problem.

Now when it starts I start a fan to blow cool air at the box. This solves the problem. This means the internal fan in the box is not doing its job!

0 Ratings