cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Placed order 2 months ago and now order cancelled!!!!

I was contacted by BT back in October asking if I would like to return to them. I had already considered BT and the deal with phone/broadband/vision was attractive. I explained that I still had 2 months of my TalkTalk contract to see out, but the sales guy told me that the order could be placed in advance, with the change over date confirmed as 16th December. The sales guy was very attentive and took the time to more than match the web based deal, taking the £25 Home Install Plus fee off.

I duly received the written confirmation of the key dates: 15th December phone line starts & broadband equipment delivered, 16th December Engineer visit & BT Vision equipment delivered by Engineer.

Last week the homehub & starter pack arrived on the date confirmed. Then the Engineer arrived on Friday, again as confirmed. However, when the Engineer entered the house, he knew nothing about the BT Vision order. Luckily he had a Vision box in his van which he provided to us. He then tried to set the box up and discovered that there was an error. In calling in to BT he discovered that our order had been cancelled, although he maintained that the phoneline and broadband were now moved over to BT, as homehub was connected. I was provided with a phone number to call, by the Engineer, to discuss the order status. In calling the number I was transferred to an Indian call centre and told that I would need to call back the following day. On Saturday morning at 8am I again called the number, but was told that the order management team were not available until 9am. I phoned back at 9am and again was transferred to an Indian call centre. It was confirmed that indeed my order had been cancelled, despite the homehub etc. being sent out and the Engineer booked to visit us. I was told that a new order would need to be placed and I was assured that I would receive a call later in the day to confirm the date that the phone line & broadband would be switched over. The call never came. I also called TalkTalk, who confirmed that BT had not contacted them to transfer the phoneline & broadband. On Sunday I phoned to check on the progress, only to find that order management do not work on a Sunday. The automated phoneline appeared confused, as it told me that there was an order on the system but further on after several key presses, it changed it's mind and told me that there were no orders for my phoneline. I have again this evening phoned to check on progress, only to be transeferred from England to India and back to England again. On each occasion of phoning BT and to each person that I have been transferred to I have had to provide all of my details and then explain the problem. Tonights call has ended with talking to John in the sales team. John seems genuinely concerned at the poor service that I have received and has promised to ring me tomorrow evening at 6pm, although he thinks that it unlikely the service will be set up this side of xmas. A fact that I'm extremely annoyed at, as we had hoped to have the BT Vision available over xmas.

I have restrained myself from ranting in this message, but do BT seriously think they can continue to run there company in this fashion? I have needlessly wasted hours of my time over the past days and still have had not had a reason for my order being cancelled. Surely as we have all of the equipment required and TalkTalk have been informed that we wish to leave, why can the service not be set up within, say, a day? At no point did BT contact us to say that the order had been cancelled. Even today, we received a returns bag to send back the homehub etc., but no letter of explaination.

Ironically, the letter that was sent out confirming our order said in bold type 'You don't need to do anything'!!!!! Would Warren Buckley, the signatory on the letter, like to respond to this?

Regards,

N. Steady

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 10

Re: Placed order 2 months ago and now order cancelled!!!!

Hi nrsteady,

I am very sorry that you have had problems so soon after returning to BT.  It sounds to me after speaking with John that things are moving in the the right direction at last.  I am terribly sorry to leave you in doubt as to television access over xmas and I am sure John will do his best to get you up and going with Vision asap.

Please keep us updated with how things go and should you need a hand from the Mod team I will be happy to get involved. 

You can contact us by using the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Craig.

I'm hoping that John will have some good news for me tonight. Will keep you informed.

Nigel

0 Ratings
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Well, I left it until 7:30pm before thinking that I probably would not receive a call back and had to call BT myself.

This evening I was told that I should have had telephone line and broadband installed on the 16th and 'had I been informed that my order had been cancelled?'. Nice to see that BT register calls, so that operators are aware of case details. I was then told that my order, that had been cancelled, had not been cleared off the system and as such a new order could not be placed! I was then informed that if someone from BT did not ring tomorrow (Wednesday) that I should call on Thursday?! Can someone please tell me why it is so difficult to cancel and reorder? I am getting to the stage where I use the returns bag sent to me to send back the homehub & vision box!!!

Set up by xmas? Not a chance if the last week is anything to go by. I'll be lucky if it's resolved by the New Year.

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Did you contact the mods as Craig suggested. I think now might be a good time!!!

0 Ratings
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Have now done this Patty-L. Thanks.

0 Ratings
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Just to give an update on our situation, we finally managed to place an order prior to xmas with a connection date of 11th January. This has meant that we have missed the use of the BT Vision for the whole of the holiday, when we really wanted to use it.

I now have a direct contact at BT. I was told that if I needed to find out anything about our order, that I was just to e-mail. I have done so twice now, asking for written confirmation of the service & connection charges as we have yet to receive anything other than a letter telling me that we need to do nothing. I seem to remember getting this letter before and know for a fact that if you leave it to BT they will do nothing, besides cancelling your order.

Whilst being very apologetic for the service to date, my contact at BT was unable to confirm the level of compensation for being mucked about. Advising that this would be confirmed after the connection. I was firstly offered a reduced monthly payment (£13.99 for 12 months) but then called back to be told that I could only be offered £20 for the first 3 months. Hang on, that's the same offer that any new customer can get from just placing an order online at the moment.

When I switched to talktalk 18 months ago, I was actually away on holiday when the handover took place, everything went without a single hitch. I was provided with a booklet that clearly told me everything about the service I was being offered and all the telephone numbers I would require for any problems. I have only had to speak to talktalk once in the 18 months, when they called to ask if I would like added mobile minutes to our monthly usage, which again went through seemlessly. I believe that YouView will be available to all in February, with talktalk being one of the partners. I'm asking myself really, why do I want to leave talktalk for BT?

BT will have to make an offer that is too good to turn down, otherwise I will be contacting talktalk to renew my contract.

0 Ratings
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Okay, now have service charges in writing.

• £14.60 line rental. I currently get this from TalkTalk for £13.80.
  • £29.90 Broadband Unlimited Option 3 including anytime calling plan. For £19.50 TalkTalk give me unlimited broadband, local/national calls & 500 moblie mins.

I think I'll wait for Youview to roll out next month rather than lock myself into a service with BT that is going to cost me £11.20 a month more than I currently pay. And for what appears to be a worst service, going by what I have seen in the last month of trying to sort out the order.

Good luck BT, you'll need it!

0 Ratings
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

TalkTalk get even better. I just spoke to them this morning to renew my contract and they have offered the call package at half price for 12 months, on a 12 month contract!

That works out as a saving of £18.45 a month over BT and includes the 500 mobile mins, which BT does not.

Farewell BT. You'll not get another chance.

0 Ratings
nrsteady
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I thought that I had brought this to a conclusion at my last entry on the 4th January.

Oh no. Having phoned and confirmed my cancellation of BT last week, I had a call from my wife this morning, letting me know that a BT engineer was making his way from Edinburgh to our house, to install the broadband and BT Vision.

Seriously, how do you run a business like this?

Maybe you need to look at upgrading your software for handling orders/cancellations for a start. Why does it take so long and to be passed from one call centre to another to sort anything out with BT? With TalkTalk you call up, speak to one person and by the end of the call you have the satisfaction of knowing that your request has been dealt with. Is this so hard for BT?

Hopefully last entry on here.

0 Ratings