cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deathaxe
Expert
Message 21 of 36

Re: Plans to increase speed?

The profiles could be the interesting thing, but as long as the OR modems support the other VDSL2 frequency ranges it should be a fairly simple case of just changing a piece of code on some software.

Some people have alreayd started seeing line profiles of 60-70 meg so I suppose they are on a trial of the speed upgrade already.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 22 of 36

Well I'm quite happy to volunteer for a trialSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Playful
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 36

I'm quite happy to trial a 37mb profile 😉
0 Ratings
AmAtoL
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 36

I'm quite happy to trial a non interleaved connection.

Certainly wouldn't be paying for any "extra speeds" because that would soon be down to 21000.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 36

Well we certainly got trialists then.Smiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
mattward1979
Contributor
Message 26 of 36

I will never trial a product for BT again.. I was one of the unfortunate few on the BT Openwound debacle when they tested the 0.5Mb/s service which was supplied through the squashed frog USB router....

If they want to give me 80Mb for the price of 40Mb however, Im all ears and ports 😃

0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 27 of 36

Yeah I was on the Freeserve 1meg trial with the squashed frog USB modem.

I almost cried when the OR guy came and said that the computer he connected to my phone line said that with an attenuation of 36 it wasn't possible to get broadband.

I convinced him to hook up the modem anyways and it synched up and so he overrode the computer tests and hooked me up.

Ahh those days of insane speeds 🙂

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 36

@deathaxe wrote:

I think currently BT use profile 8a frequencies (somebody can correct me if I am wrong)

They have already been given the go ahead for a different profile which is why they are announcing the "boost" to 80 meg which is coming soon.

There are other profiles as well which offer even high speeds but these would need more approval from Ofcom for them to be used.

So there is still plenty of scope for more spped with FTTC, although I am waiting for people to complain that they can't get more than 100 meg/sec even though it's because their network cards can't cope.

BT don't need approval to do anything like that on their network from Ofcom. It isn't a case of getting permission.

Any delays will be due to their own testing.

0 Ratings
jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 36

Well will see many more am i getting only 37mb type toppics when they up it to 80mb
0 Ratings
Highlighted
staking
Contributor
Message 30 of 36

i think bt need to make the existing connections more stable rather than working to get them faster !
0 Ratings