Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: Please Uncap My Max Achievable Speeds or I am Terminating My Contract

Go to solution

I wouldn't give up.  The last thing we require is your router stats and deleting your Speedtest screenshot will just slow things down.

If you had posted your stats at the start you would probably have your problem resolved by now or at least had a definate answer.

0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Your line isn't capped to 40Mb. You're on the "up to 80Mb" product. What you're getting at the minute is the fastest your line can support.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

Sorry to hear that mate click on my name and look at my posts it would give you an idea what to do next! I had the same issure i know exactly what your going through.

0 Ratings
Caerphilly
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

OK thanks for replying DeanM.

Sorry, I thought my Profile was auto capped by Engineers who tweaked my line speed for stability. And as my line was reaching the limit on the Maximum Achievable Download, I thought it was capped!

I know realise that my line profile is not capped by engineers but instead, only shows the maximum speeds that my line can achieve!

Thanks for the info, without it I would have always had my doubts!

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

there are no hub stats to display on infinity as they are stored on the openreach modem and not accessible to the user 

0 Ratings
lovelylisa22
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Ah that's news to me lol.

Well atleast the problems resolved.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution
no problem:)
0 Ratings
P4PERTR4iL
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
ok for a start give it 14 days for speeds to pick up & don't keep resetting the modem because the crappy DLM will think the line has a fault which is probably why you are synced at lower speeds.

now it's not your fault at all... it's bt & their engineers for not ensuring that you keep your modem on at all times... also DLM is a POS & needs to be fixed because people turn their modems off sometimes believe it or not
0 Ratings