cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigmac77
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 65

Please check out my stats?

It's been over 48hrs since my noise reset. Connection had been stable until homehub reset earlier today, don't know why? I have been keeping an eye on my stats and my error second count seems quite high is this caused by me being on fast rather than interleaved? Speed good though getting about 3.5Mbps.

Here are the stats.

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 6:07:06
Downstream4,288 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)3.4 dB / 21.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)54.0 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)18.4 dBm / 11.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)113
Loss of Signal (Local)23
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)5359 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)3096

0 Ratings
64 REPLIES 64
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 65

Re: Please check out my stats?

stats look ok and as you are on fast there are no fec errors but crc and error seconds but not large for 6hrs connected.  crc up errors are a firmware bug

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bigmac77
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 65

I thought so about the CRC up errors because the figure has been the same for ever.

The error seconds previously were some thing like 500 after 4 days, but if you think the count is still low then I'm happy.

The mods asked me to email them after the weekend and let them know how things were going so I just wanted to check with you guys. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 65

looking ok at the moment just keep us posted
0 Ratings
Bigmac77
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 65

Connection has reset again just shy of 48 hrs, sync speed has now reduced from 4228Kbps to 4096Kbps. Nosie margin was at 3.2 dB earlier and now 6.6 dB since it reset.

Here are the stats? Any ideas?

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 3:39:08
Downstream4,096 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)6.6 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)54.0 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)18.3 dBm / 11.9 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)116
Loss of Signal (Local)24
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)2356 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)6200
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 65

The disconnections will have caused a reset of noise margin in an attempt to stabilise your line just keep an eye on your connection for now
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 65

looks like the low noise margin about 3 db was a bit low and router has reset and increased back to 6 with a small drop in connection speed.  now need to leave and see if stabilises at that.  may have to go to interleaved if keeps dropping

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bigmac77
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 65

The mods reset the noise margin to 6 dB it then fell to around 3, what causes it to drop?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 65

at the time you posted the stats about 11pm that would be near the lowest point of your noise margin before it starts to incresae again.  usually highest about midday and drops during day and lowest about 11/11.30pm and then starts to increase to get t high point about midday again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 65

There have been trials to see if lines can support a lower noise margin if a line is seen as stable it will drop it to 3dB however it does not always turn out to be stable enough it will increase it back to the default 6dB as has your line
0 Ratings