cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin88
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Please get rid of your Indian and Phillipines call centres

cut a long story short, My Mother-in-Law (aged in her 70's) phone kept going dead when it rained. She called the fault line and an engineer was dispatched in early March. He said there was nothing wrong with the lne, but the internal extenson was faulty which e replaced the box and said it would be fine. Well march was a very dry month and last week it stoppped working again. i called this time and trying to get the call centre to understand that the engineer hadn't done his job properly was almost impossible. I did the checks they asked, and then they asked if i was prepared to repair it under their instruction... I was very angry, why was my mother-in-law about to get a £130 bill for if i am expected to repair it. Well it went from bad to worse, I even called billing and ended up very brifly speaking to someone in the philipines. that was the straw that broke the camels back. I filled in a complaint form on-line. Someone from england called me and wondered why the engineer that had just been promised was cancelled. He went off to investigate and called me back once BT computors had come back on line. He said someone would call to re-make an apointment. I missed two call that day, and nothing the following day. So I called again, and again the call centre couldn't grasp, what I was getting at. Surely the work that was carried out in March was guarenteed? Well apparently not. I got so frustrated I stated that we would not be paying the bill and hung up. I then went out and putchased twin cordless phones so we no longer required the extension. then the Bill came through and also a call from the BT care team in England. Very syphathetic and withing two days the £130 was credited to my mother-in-laws bill. I can't be the only one, it must be less effectient to keep these call centres? how many have defected to other service providers? Anyway as I said problem solved, but what about those vunerable people who haven't anyone to help them?

K.Grace
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin88
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Please get rid of your Indian and Phillipines call centres

having checked the forum I'm not the only one with problems with these call centres.. come on someone start a campain to get rid of them?

K.Grace
0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

No matter what supplier you go to they use outsourced call centres also by the nature of forums they carry complaints and problems because those that are happy do not bother to post you can go and look at any isps forum and you will the same complaints
0 Ratings
WatchdogTS
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

BT won't get rid of them because they are very cheap and they prevent most complaints from progressing due to a complete lack of understanding which suits BT fine.