cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Please help - Orange light

Hi there
Moved into our new home 2 weeks ago and ordered BT internet. Box (router) came a week later and we were due to 'switch on' on Friday (21.08.15)
We received the confirmation email of the switch on Friday afternoon. It is now Sunday evening and the router is STILL orange with a red broadband icon.

I have tried every socket in the house, even the test socket. I've hard reset, soft reset, power button reset. I've tried new cables, everything.

Has anyone experienced this from a new Hub before?

We had working Sky internet at the house before we moved, so I know that the hardware here is correctly wired.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Please help - Orange light

from your description and as you have tried test socket and still no internet you need to phone customer services and complain and get engineer or activation 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Is your phone working in any of the sockets?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

I called support, they said the connection is too new to make an assessment (......?) and they will get back later in the week. How frustrating.

The phone is fine.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

phone them back and request an engineer be very firm
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

I'd love to but it took 45 minutes of repeated sentences on both ends before I managed to explain the situation earlier. Ideally if this is a problem someone on here has had/seen someone had before and has an idea for a solution then that would be great.

I'm far from racist but if there's any way around having to call again then I'm willing to try it, the helpline is such a terrible experience of miscommunication and repeated explanations.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

If your broadband has not been activated, which appears to be the case, there is nothing the forum can do to help.

0 Ratings