Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szabika09
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Please help

Hi.

I`ve a problem. I realy need a help.

So, i have a BT Broadband Option 3 (unlimited). I`ve for a month.

Everything was fine, Download speed was between 800-1000 kb/s, sometimes 1,3.

But 1,5 weeks ago something happend `cos now very slow, 50-100 kb/s. And i don`t know why/

Please help.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Please help

First thing to do is a BT speed test, and secondly if you can get your line stats from the hub and post both sets of data on here, then we can have a look for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
testdasi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I'm no expert here but first and foremost have you broken the 100GB FUP limit?
0 Ratings
jroadley
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

If you have blown 100gb in one month - then BT hate you.

You would of received one e-mail when you hit 80gb and then another when you went over the 100gb.

Now your entire connection will be throttled back to 1mb between 5pm and midnight for 30 days - and guess what - if you hit 100gb again - it will be throttled back to 1mb at those times.

You could also give the FUP team a call as they are the only ones in the world that know what your usage is.

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

@szabika09 wrote:

Hi.

I`ve a problem. I realy need a help.

So, i have a BT Broadband Option 3 (unlimited). I`ve for a month.

Everything was fine, Download speed was between 800-1000 kb/s, sometimes 1,3.

But 1,5 weeks ago something happend `cos now very slow, 50-100 kb/s. And i don`t know why/

Please help.

so youve had the btbb option 3 service  for 1 month and everything was fine for the first 20 or so days then it plumeted and hasnt recovered since?

if thats about right, did anythign else happen? did you do a lot of downloading? did you get something new or was there a problem at the exchange that triggered it?

or did you receive any emails about the service?

and lastly are you refering to actual data rate shown by the bt speedtester website or the rate achieved for a particular program like utorrent?

and as others have said post your router stats and line stats,

also check if there was a lot of activity in the hubs logfile, showing it had reconnected lots of time since the start of the problem.

0 Ratings
szabika09
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Hi.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 809 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-99999 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :22282 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1163 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 19000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 33.99:30.04:35.97 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

I didn`t get an e-mail. Yes i`m downloading, but not a lot, i don`t think i used 100 gb.

Thanks your help.

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

if there was no other programs runing on the pc you ran the test from and no other devices usign the connection (including vision if you have it) then the numbers on that download rate would indicate a problem, if something else was eating up bandwidth when the test was run then maybe not.

i would advise ringing the helpdesk to see if theres any specific reason for the problem, failign that email the forum mod team with a link to this thread and include your account details in it.
0 Ratings
szabika09
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hi.

I`m a little confused. I used a speedtest today morning and it was same when i ordered this broadband.

But now the speedtest is wrong again.

If a BT restricted my speed and they didn`t send me anything (or for example i downloaded 80 GB, but i didn`t) when gonna be good again? What can i do?

Because it`s very annoying.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
NanoTm
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

email the mod team give them your accoutn details and link to this thread ask for help,

whatever is causeing the problem they will find out and tell you.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi Szabika09,

I've picked up your email and have dropped you a reply.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings