cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick

Sorry you're having a confusing time of this @Leemus 

Do you have an account with BT at the moment? Was it used to verify you on the call last night? If so, can you please send me a DM with your BT landline number so that I can find the call and listen to it?  I'd like to confirm exactly what was said, and educate the helpdesk if needed. We don't support Amazon tablets. That's the only thing I can think maybe the helpdesk were getting confused with.

Why did you call the helpdesk in the first place though?  Simply go to https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass and buy a pass. Then use the BT ID you created as part of that process to log into the BT Sport app on your Amazon Fire Stick. I can 100% guarantee that it does work.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Re: Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick

Hi Darren,

Yes, i have BT super fast fibre and 3 x mobile SIM cards. I have been a customer of BT for some time.

I spoke to a chap named Simon via the 0800 800150 number (i believe i chose option 3).

I made the call from my mobile, rather than the landline. Time of call was around 19:09

I'm not sure how i direct message you. Happy to if you can advise please.

I wouldn't worry too much as i have spent quite a bit of time on this and, if i'm honest, i think BT need to sharpen up a little...it's in BT's best interests in my opinion (for what it's worth :-))

So far, i have encountered some iffy information on the website, i've spent half on hour on the phone to a technical chap who tells me that i cannot get the monthly pass on Amazon firestick (after being advised that in fact i can), and i have then been offered an alternative option (BT TV Box), but not told that a:) my broadband contract will renew for another 24 months (it was made to sound that only the BT Sport pass was a 24 month contract), and b:) if i want the sport in HD (who watches sport in anything else these days?) then that will be an extra £5 month. I only found out this information by later asking the question via the online 'Chat' facility.

I just feel that there is a lack of transparency when it comes to the information given, possible incorrect information on the BT website, and i'm still not sure whether or not the BT Sport Monthly Pass will work on Amazon Fire Stick.

All a tad frustrating really sir.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Thanks for the account details Leemus. I've spoken to Simon and informed him of his mistake.
I'm sorry you've had such a poor time of this - I agree we need to sharpen things up, and I thank you for pointing these errors out so that I can get them corrected. We launched the monthly pass option in December 2019, and Amazon Fire Stick in September 2020, so we really should be sorted with all this by now.

For the contract renewal, you would have been made aware of the terms later in the call - before you were signed up. As BT TV is only delivered over BT Broadband, a contract on TV requires a contract on Broadband.

Just to reiterate again - BT Sport Monthly Pass is definitely usable on Amazon Fire Stick.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Understood Darren.

I hope you didn't given Simon a hard time 🙂
As i saw it, he was only being advised by his superiors as he went offline for a while to check.

Thanks for the update.

I think i'll leave things for now anyway.

Glad you've managed to tidy things up.

All the best,

Leemus.

0 Ratings