cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: Please reset DLM following recent phone line repair

Call and tell them you're below the minimum expected speed for your line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ean25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

I called BT two weeks ago, explained I was getting less than my guaranteed minimum speed and eventually they arranged an engineer visit for he following week.

At 6pm the night before, they called me to say that one of their engineers had visited my local exchange and "made some repairs", I should wait 48 hours for the speed to come back up and they were cancelling the engineer visit for the following day.

I waited for 48 hours and didn't see any change whatsoever, so called them back.  They then said they'd "refreshed my connection" and I should wait another 48 hours for the speed to come back up. Again, no change after 48 hours.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm being fobbed off.  From what I understand, the only way for my speed profile to be reset is for an engineer to visit the street cabinet I'm connected to.  How do I actually get this to happen?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 14

You need the engineer to visit your home, identify and fix the fault for a DLM reset.

0 Ratings
fwdlink
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

I'm in this vicious loop myself and my contract expires next month, I'm guessing my only way out of this mess is a full cancellation and allow the line to be terminated so it wipes the slate clean. I will then open a new account with another provider.
0 Ratings