cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coadyltfc
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Please stop stating BT Sport showcase is FTA for everyone

I've just read an article on the bt sport website about upcoming rugby on Bt sport showcase which it describes as 'available for everyone to watch'. However, as one of the many people in many areas of the country who are in freeview 'lite' areas, I am unfortunately unable to access this channel via freeview. To attain a good selection of FTA channels I use freesat, as it offers most freeview channels and more free on satellite, avoiding these signal problems.

I want to try these FTA BT sport events as if they impress I would consider upgrading to a BT Sport package. However, as this channel has not actually been made FTA on satellite (which is a considerable part of everyone) I am unable to sample this channel and it's content.

Please would BT consider making this channel available FTA on satellite, or at the very least stop promoting these events as FTA for everyone's availability, when a significant percentage of people live in freeview areas which are unable to view this channel at present.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Please stop stating BT Sport showcase is FTA for everyone

@coadyltfc wrote:

I've just read an article on the bt sport website about upcoming rugby on Bt sport showcase which it describes as 'available for everyone to watch'. However, as one of the many people in many areas of the country who are in freeview 'lite' areas, I am unfortunately unable to access this channel via freeview. To attain a good selection of FTA channels I use freesat, as it offers most freeview channels and more free on satellite, avoiding these signal problems.

I want to try these FTA BT sport events as if they impress I would consider upgrading to a BT Sport package. However, as this channel has not actually been made FTA on satellite (which is a considerable part of everyone) I am unable to sample this channel and it's content.

Please would BT consider making this channel available FTA on satellite, or at the very least stop promoting these events as FTA for everyone's availability, when a significant percentage of people live in freeview areas which are unable to view this channel at present.

It is free to air whether you agree or not; ie it costs nothing to watch and is contract free. The fact that full Freeview is not available on a universal basis is hardly BT's fault. 

Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Please stop stating BT Sport showcase is FTA for everyone

Do (normally) encrypted channels like BT Sport Europe even show on the Freesat EPG? It's not as if they can just turn off the encryption for that match if people haven't got it on their EPG.

freeview lite capacity is very limited. I think more people would be up in arms if one on their channels had to make way for an advertising channel which showed a football match once every couple of weeks.
0 Ratings