cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Poor 4g signal

Because of my home wifi setup, I have a WAP fed from a BT Home Hub 4, I can get my 4g phone (Galaxy S5 - BT 4g mobile contract) to use wifi all over my house and garden and therefore data through that.

However I cannot get 4g inside my house; at the most it shows one minimal segment of signal, with outdoor in my garden still one segment and on the pavement, in front of my house, two segments, but even with that BBC News will not load. If I turn off wifi on my phone, or wifi fails, which it has for a couple of periods, I cannot get data on my phone or to my tablet via tethering.

OK it is not a major problem but I suspect I will have to beg, plead and jump through many hoops, via BT Chat,  to get what I have paid for.

EE coverage checker says great outdoor signal and good indoor signal, for my post code.

My wife's EE contract phone shows the same signal pattern.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor 4g signal

I get 1 segment in my house, but I do get 4g. Download speed 21 meg, upload around 5 meg. If you are not getting 4g then 3g will appear very slow. Maybe you are not even picking up 3g in your house. My point being that even with a relatively low signal I can get 4g at good speeds.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Has bt increased 4g speed im getting 100mbps from today ?

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 16.30.38.png

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Max I ever seem to get is 60mb, yet on my work ee phone in the same place will top 100mb.. will check it over the next few days, thanks.

0 Ratings