cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RealMcP
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: Poor Broadband performance - should we put up with it?

New insights, anyone?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Little point intrying to offer you helpif you do not want it

Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 16

@RealMcP wrote:snipped

The speed is variable, - that's normal, but without further info, we'll never know if it's an acceptable amount

and the support is slow - how? Are you communicating by post?

& disruptive, - how are they?

and often non existent. - how odd, BT CS is open 24/7-365 though I did have one 'silent' advisor

I've looked at the forum, - good to see someone is making use of the search facility:)

and there seem to be plenty of contributors who are experiencing worse service levels than I am. - and in most, if not all cases, theirs gets sorted via the help given by other customers

I want to change, but I'll be penalised if I cancel my contract. - for which you'll need to pay an early termaination fee

I may as well cancel phone, too, - as above if you're still in contract

so I can get an OK bundle elsewhere. - VM isn't all it's cracked up to be......

Does anyone here have experience of cancelling without penalty, - There could be a minority that have gotten out of their contract early, for free, but only after BT has exhausted all other avenues

or whether other suppliers (virgin) will do a deal, to get BT customers' to jump ship? - all suppliers will probably bend over backwards to get you on board, though I doubt the savings made with them would be more than the cancelation charges

As You clearly want to leave BT, you'd be better off calling them, for free, from your landline. I must stress that I would be very suprised to see you leave in contract without penalty.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

if you think your speed is low then put your attenuation from your adsl stats here and that will give an indication of the speed you can get on a good line given your distance from the exchange  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

if you have used the search facillity then you will seen that similar problems like yours have different causes and different solutions.

posting your router stats will help in either getting advice on how to improve your connection or showng that BT are not helping to solve your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 16

so I can get an OK bundle elsewhere. - VM isn't all it's cracked up to be......

I can firmly say full VM was the worst broadband service I have had to date, it awful for gaming my live profile has yet to recover because of it, that turned out to be smallest of problems I had for the year.. Good luck anyway, if you follow the complaint procedure and your line is not performing as it should do and is beyond your responsibilities (from the master socket), I have found Bt accommodating it waiving any fee's, although because of the posters on your thread and the mods here, I stayed!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
mullen1676
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

switch over dont pay any thing why payfor half a service

0 Ratings