cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Poor Infinity 2 Speeds Hollingbourne Exchange in the Evening

Go to solution

I have had an Infinity 2 installation since December and daytime speeds are acceptable. Beyond around 6 pm however, the speed dramatically drops to around 12Mbps. I have raised several fault reports, and had online and phone conversations with the BT fault centre during the last few months who have done tests at the relavent time, and agreed the poor performance. I had an engineer visit this week, during the morning, which shows no problem with either my HH6 or the installation. This is not surprising as the fault only appears "out of hours" beyond 6pm. I have taken logs since December and it show th same pattern. Initially I was sent a new HH6, and unsurprisingly it made no difference. I am paying for Infinity 2 but during the evening getting less than dial-up speeds.

All my fault reports are now closed saying "fault fixed" I am increasingly frustrated with the poor service, and the poor response to the management and ownership of my problem. My tests were conducted with with both wired and wireless connections to see if there  was any local interference, but there was no difference. Static connection speed is around 60 Mbps Down and 20 Mbps Up. Quiet line test was also good. I suspect local exchange capacity issues, but I seeem to be getting nowhere with the official BT system. Any advice?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Poor Infinity 2 Speeds Hollingbourne Exchange in the Evening

Go to solution

You won't get anywhere with the helpdesk as this is almost certainly a congestion issue.

Do a spped test HERE and when the first test completes click on Further Diagnostics. Post the result of that test.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

As @pippincp says, its most likely congestion, which usually gets sorted, but the information you provide, can be passed onto one of the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hollingbourne 1.jpgHere are a couple of BT Wholesale screenshots....Ethernet cable

Hollingbourne 2.jpgAnd just now test...

Screenshot 2017-03-02 11.54.33.jpgSeems pretty clear that there is a real problem.....

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@redwards1953 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband speed in the evening, this does sound link a congestion issue and we'll be happy to look into it further if you send over your account info.  

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @redwards1953,

Thanks for sending over your detail. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've checked this for you and can confirm that you're connected to the Maidstone exchange which currently is experiencing congestion issues. Further infrastructure is required which is due to be completed on the 19/05.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
I understand. Thank you for a speedy response.
So in the meantime, how do I claim for a reduction in my broadband cost as obviously I am not getting Infinity 2 service and this is unlikely to improve until May?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@redwards1953 thanks for posting, @DavidM has made arrangements to call you back on Monday to discuss this further with you. We normally need to wait until the fault it cleared before we can arrange any compensation due. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Infinity 2 speeds have now improved from this exchange in the evening period, but sadly the guaranteed contractual speed for my line during the day have still not been met, and are below Infinity 1. An Openreach engineer AM visit was booked for today to investigte, but no show, no apology. Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @redwards1953,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm glad I was able to clear things up for you. If you have any further problems let me know and I'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings