cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Poor Infinity Upload Speeds

I've been with Infinity for about a year now (upto 38MB/s download, upto 9.5MB/s upload), and while I'm seeing near enough maximum download speeds as predicted the upload speeds are only about 1.5MB/s. That's using BT speedtest and speedtest.net. #

Now it didn't really bother me as I didn't upload much, but now I'm using remote connections and I'm curious why the upload is so bad? Can anyone hazzard a guess, offer any advice or find out why?

Cheers

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Poor Infinity Upload Speeds

I saw a post recently where someone said that turning off WMI (Windows Management Interface) increased their upload speed from that kind of level to something quite respectable.  I'm not sure if that was correct or a coincidence ~ I'm getting 17Mbps upload with WMI turned on so it certainly doesn't always kill performance, but you could try it.  (under Computer Management, Services)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion but if anything that actually seemed to slow the upload slightly (1.6MB/s to 1.4 MB/s). Also under Windows 8 it's Windows Managementv Instrumentation.

Anyone else got any ideas?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 10

It may be worth your while running TCP Optimiser, a free prog available from here. It can sometimes help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks, what does it do, or rather what do i do with it? I've entered my Connection speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 10

After moving the slider to your connection speed,if you don`t want to mess with advanced stuff,just tick the "Octimize" choice at the bottom,and let let it do it`s work.

It will backup your current reg settings then reboot the system,it works for me,but I use the advanced section.

Make sure that you pick your correct adapter in the pulldown menu,and tick the pppoe setting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 10

Just set up as shown in this screenshot.

TCP.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks, but didn't improve the speed 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

The pic is showing a really old version,in the latest version the slider goes a lot higher.

In the advanced section there are a lot of settings that can and do increase the performance of most internet connections.

I will post some pics of the settings that I use later,and my download is 75Mbps and upload 18-18.5Mbps consistantly.

Most people who use WIN7 think that it does not need any octimizing,I disagree.

The WIN REC figure in the pic looks really low to me,and that number is mainly what gives windows a chance to get up to date with modern BB speeds.

But like stated I will post some pics and details of my settings later.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Silly question but, if my max dl speed is 55mb, would I slide it to 55mb or above?

0 Ratings