cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gslick
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Poor Service - Time To Leave BT if this is not fixed!

When I first got Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2, it stated "broadband Speed up to 76mb"

I started off at 50mb for months then recently, my download speed went down to 15mb.

I contacted the BT and the customer service person said "Because someone in my area has upgraded their broadband, your download speed has now been reduced to a maximum of 20mb"

(This has nothing to do with any equipment in my home, the download speed into my property has been reduced before it its my hub)

Disgusting!

I dont care what other people have done to there broadband, I was paying for up to 76mb, now I am only getting 15mb from 50mb.

Really am digusted that BT can treat its customers like this.

If I was Sir Michael Rake, I bet his broadband speed wouldnt be reduced because of other customers.

Treat your customers the same way you would treat your chairman!.

if my broadband speed does not increase back nearer 76mb, I have no choice to leave. Not paying for a sub standard service where other companies would offer me a better package.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Poor Service - Time To Leave BT if this is not fixed!

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
Keltic
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Sounds like you got the same CS rep i got, frankly they are talking rubbish.
0 Ratings
gslick
Beginner
Message 4 of 22

bt.jpg

bt2.jpg

0 Ratings
gslick
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

The CS has already ran a test, the speed coming into my property is a maximum of 20mb!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

You are well below the minimum for your estimated speeds. There is obviously a problem somewhere so you should contact BT and request that the problem is investigated and if need be an engineer sent out to rectify it.

Do not be fobbed off with the rubbish about more people taking up Infinity so your speed will drop, while some drop off will happen it would not be the amount that you have lost and it would be reflected in your estimated speeds.

0 Ratings
Gribley
Contributor
Message 7 of 22

[quote]"Because someone in my area has upgraded their broadband, your download speed has now been reduced to a maximum of 20mb"[/quote]

Please update the thread when they explain why ONE other person using the connection/cable has caused you a 66 percent loss.  I`ll be interested to see the response.  Clearly can`t help (I have issues too) so sorry for that but the real person info is very interesting.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phone  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
gslick
Beginner
Message 9 of 22

I am even on a slow profile!

bt3.jpg

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

Your upload profile is showing that you are on Infinity 2. Your download profile is confirming that there is a problem with your connection.

0 Ratings