cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Poor Service over connection

I have had problems with my line now since i moved into the property a year ago. line is noisy and internet drops out throughout the entire day. I have reported to BT on many many occasions and all i get is its probably a line fault and i may have to pay for engineer. I refuse to pay as i have ahd this issue since day i moved in. If i moved into property and no line was fitted i would have a new one installed.

Due to rural area my broadband is a whopping 0.67mb. Although laughable its not as bad as not even being able to connect as the hub drops out every time you want to use the internet.

My fault is ongoing and constantly get texts from 64364 saying somebody will be calliing me, this never happens.

As part of the Cymru Fibre rollout i am possibly getting fibre very soon. Due to getting copper to the house I will still be faced with the same problem of bad connection.

Where do you go ? what do you do ? This is now driving me insane and feel robbed i pay an unlimited broadband with 0.67mb connection and never able to use it.

Help Help Help

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Poor Service over connection

Test Socket.jpgthe charge is an advisory one incase the faults are caused by any extension or equipment connected if you can hear no noise at the test socket then you will not be charged

this charge is made by Openreach and is passed on to the service provider BT in your case and they pass it on to the customer this applies to all providers 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Try connecting to the test socket and then try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with a corded phone   if noise phone 151 and report a phone fault   you will get a caused about charge but by using test socket that should make any charge very unlikely as problem outside your home  

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I believe i have already been through this with BT. It may also be worth noting that on a strong windy day I have no internet either. So it must be an outside cable issue. Main problem i have is i am not prepared to pay for engineer to come to site so BT will not send one until i agree

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

you will only have to pay if the fault is within your house and after the test socket for example extension wiring or anything plugged into the sockets
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@ggosney I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection. If you've completed all the checks and you still have the problem whilst connected to the test socket with an known working phone/router then an engineer visit is needed to investigate the issue further.

We can't arrange this without you first agreeing to a possible charge if the fault is found to be caused by damage or faulty equipment plugged into the line. If the issue is on the network no charge is raised.

This link explains when Engineer charges are applicable.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings