cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flower_Pot
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Poor Wifi performance

I am having issues with my HomeHub, initially I thought the problem was with my internet connectivity as after around 20-30 mins of streaming video or vpn connection to work it would grind to hault, and I'd have to bounce the hub. However when this occurs I can't even access the admin page on the hub. Is there another log hidden somewhere, I can acess to try and diagnose the issue? The problem occurs on all 5 devices in my home, I have windows, linux, andorid and a playstation and all show the same symptoms so I doubt it is an issue with my device, I have tried updating nic drivers where available but to no avail, and a wired connection is fine.

I have loooked at the log under trouble shooting/ event log and it doesn't say anything obvious beyond the usual lease renewed, device connected type errors. I do occationally see "BLOCKED 1 more packets (because of Default policy)" but these messages don't correlate to when it stops working, I have also tried all the channels for the wifi and auto.

Any ideas, I don't want to have to sit on the phone to the helpdesk  for hours unless I really have to.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Poor Wifi performance

Welcome to this forum

For forum members to help, please could you specify which BT home hub you have?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Flower_Pot
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Poor Wifi performance

Sorry, I didn't realise they came in different models. It says on the Base Home Hub 3.0 Settings -Type A.

0 Ratings