cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rww456
Message 1 of 4

Poor broadband speed relative to neighbours

Go to solution

My broadband speed – with BT (btconnect.com) – has never been better than 1.9 Mbps. More typical is today’s figure of 1.4 Mbps download / 342 kbps upload. I put this down to distance from the exchange.

However, I recently learnt that two neighbours were getting speeds in excess of 5 Mbps. And another neighbour recently contacted this forum regarding poor broadband speed. The upshot was that one of the moderators took up the case, an engineer called, made a few changes and, hey presto, speed up from 1 Mbps or so to no less than 6.5 Mbps!

As I am at a similar distance from the exchange, I’m wondering whether a similar improvment can be achieved for me.

My router is a Draytek Vigor 2800VG

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
raymie67
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor broadband speed relative to neighbours

Go to solution

You need to fill in the form at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

I assume that your neighbours did not take note of what was done? if not then perhaps with their agreement you coudl also give the mods a note of their name and number incase the mods can still see the case notes.

I have neighbours here in the same psoition but they are with Sky (albeit still BT line) and can't get Sky to do anything despite it being a simple fix for them (swapping a length of cable they are on to another that is already in place).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Could you please post your home hub stats just so we can have a look at them?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi rww456,

Going by the domain you posted you're on BT Business Broadband, is this right? If so, the guys over at the BT Business Forum will be able to help with this.

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings