Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobamish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Poor connection from inception

Go to solution

Hi

I have had BT services since January 19th, when I signed up I was informed our line would suppoirt between 8.5mb and 18.5mb. I only recieved 1mb for the first 14 days but understand there is a settlement period.

The speed has remained at this speed though and despite many attempts to rectify situatiuon I am fobbed off with "wait 4 days" or "wait 7 days" or "wait 48hrs". In addition I never recieve promised calls back and have to continually chase them.

I have no issue with speaking to an indian call centre, they all speak good english and apologise constantly but whatever level of person you speak to, yes I have spoken to network support, they still do not have the capability to fix problem.

Home hub is working within acceptable margins and the filters have been chacked. The issue is with BT at exchange level or above.

My question is - Does anyone know of a BT number I can call which will put me in contact with a rep within the UK who will have the ability to fix error or arrange engineer.

I am truly sick of BT but unfortunately NTL/Virgin media do not cover my area so I'm stuck with BT

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
jacobamish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Poor connection from inception

Go to solution

P.s I've tried posting screenshots of ADSL Stats and speedtest but forum wont allow more than 20,000 characters. How do you get around that?

0 Ratings
jacobamish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 914 Kbps

0 Kbps1 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 914 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400 Kbps-1 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 923 Kbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 760 Kbps

0 Kbps832 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 760Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 832 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests.

0 Ratings
jacobamish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:44:55
Downstream:1.023 Mbps
Upstream:828 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.3 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):5.6 dB / 9.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):62.6 dB / 37.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up):16.1 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):12484 / 1750
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):3139 / 1495
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):45677 / 2532
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
Hi to answer your questions there is no phone number For ukbased tech help
However looking at your hubstats you have posted you are on a very long line that will never support more than 2mb there is no error with the exchange or the Bt network

I am afraid no engineers visit would help and will only cost you money your speed is as near as you will get due to the distance you are from your local telephone exchange and there is nothing Bt can do about that
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

You may be able to improve the speed with a few changes at your end, because there are a lot of errors which are slowing your connection down.

But please can you answer this question first.

Which type of master socket do you have?

One of these

NTE5_fl[1].jpg

Or one of these

LJU2_front[1].jpg

Or if you are lucky

One of these

adsl faceplate.jpg

0 Ratings
jacobamish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi john46

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate what you say but that contradicts British Telecom and four of my neighbours who have BT broadband unlimited package. When I signed up after a line check BT stated that I would recieve 8.5mb as a minimum and upto 18.5mb. These are the speeds my neighbours are getting. (its a new estate so we are on top of each other) I am 3 miles from the exchange, the same as my neighbours. All houses are identical 3 bed detached. 

I hope your wrong but if your right something amazing is happening at the adjacent houses

0 Ratings
jacobamish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Keith_Beddoe

Thank you for your reply. The first socket is the correct illustration. 3 sockets in total in the property. I am using the socket in the front hall. The is a further socket in the lounge next to the tv powerpoints and one socket in the 3bed/study. All have microfilters connected

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
if you enter your attenuation figure in to this link it will show your best possible speed http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php you will see it clearly shows 2.1mb your line is 4.5km long
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Can you connect you home hub at this point on the master socket?

This will prove your internal wiring and give you the best possible speed.

This is only temporary, to prove the circuit.

See photo below

testfilter1.jpg

0 Ratings