cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parristwin
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Poor connection leading to no phone line and no connection

I think my problem start about 4 weeks ago and i was having an intermittent service with my broadband. I contacted the customer service team one Thursday evening who told me I had to wait until Monday for my problem to be resolved. Not content i chase again in the morning to be told my service was up and running. I got home from work no service. Sat morning i email the Chief Exec for BT and he escalated my issue to the technical team. After a few days of monitoring the service came on and then dropped again. With the help of the technical team we decided I would move to BT INfinity. Scheduled for installation last Tuesday an engineer from Kelly Communication arrives spends 1.5 hours at the xchange to tell me that my cables are broke. I now have no internet and not telephone line. The earliest they can do something is Monday. I now need to go back to work on Monday. When is this going to get resolved?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor connection leading to no phone line and no connection

It may take some time.  BT can probably restore your telephone service without needing access to your premises but they will need to revisit to install the new modem that Infinity requires (if that was not done previously).  

I marvel at BT's ability to sell its more expensive products on the back of less expensive ones not working properly.  Quite a few problems that have an adverse effect on ADSL broadband also have an adverse effect on VDSL ("Infinity").  

0 Ratings
parristwin
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

0 Ratings
parristwin
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Interestingly it took a call to the sub contractor Kelly Communication and my total refusal to accept Monday for my phone line to go back on. The phone line was back on Thurs and the infinity installed Sat morning. I did spend the rest of the week waiting in but i got there in the end. Interestingly i sent an email to Chief Exec for BT, Openreach and Director of customer services thanking them and not one of them has replied. Simply rude and bad manners. Clearly they will only respond when things go wrong and not praise and thanks.
0 Ratings