cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grima00
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Poor connection on smart phone

Hi, my wireless computer is showing a fairly good download/upload speed, 4.3mbps and 820.48mbps, but my smartphone is only registering, 0.19 and 0.36. Has anyone got any idea why this should be. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Poor connection on smart phone

You're not connecting to BT wi fi (Fon) via your hub rather than your hubs bb signal by any chance?
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
grima00
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi, how can I check that. As far as I am aware I am connected to the same wi fi as my computer.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to settings on your phone, wi fi and you will see by which medium you are connected. Select your own hub rather than bt wifi.

AQ.

0 Ratings
grima00
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi, Yes I an signed in to my own hub and my phone is telling me that the signal is very strong...
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

That's odd. Try wiping all connection history from within your phones settings and then re-estalishing connection via your hub ensuring you dont go for BT wi fi of course.
You dont have any firewall protocols on your phone that inhibit wi fi connection do you?
AQ.

0 Ratings
grima00
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Allan, thanks very much. All fixed and working fine now. I had downloaded AVG anti virus and it was this that was causing the trouble. I have now uninstalled it and everything is back to normal. Many Thanks.....
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

That's good 🙂

If you mark this issue solved other's in the future will find it much easier.
AQ.

0 Ratings