cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Poor connection

I have been a BT customer for over a year now and in that year I have had countless issues with connection 

I have raised this with BT numerous times who seem to think there is no problem

i have reset the hub countless times over the year, no joy

i have bought a signal extender, no joy

i have upgraded my broadband, still no joy

i have tested my speed again this morning. The speed to my hub is 52mb but the speed to my device is a shocking 0.6mb

has anyone got any ideas before I sack BT off all together

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Poor connection

@Hlangan 

Try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Can you also provide the results from this test.

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

This must be done with a computer connected to the home hub using a direct Ethernet cable not wireless.

I suspect that your problem is a wireless connection issue and not a broadband service problem

Message 3 of 7

@Hlanganwrote:

I have been a BT customer for over a year now and in that year I have had countless issues with connection 

I have raised this with BT numerous times who seem to think there is no problem

i have reset the hub countless times over the year, no joy

i have bought a signal extender, no joy

i have upgraded my broadband, still no joy

i have tested my speed again this morning. The speed to my hub is 52mb but the speed to my device is a shocking 0.6mb

has anyone got any ideas before I sack BT off all together

@Hlangan 

What's the device and how it is connected?  What speed tester are you using?

If it's wireless, have you changed the wireless channel via the Hub?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your comment

If it is a WiFi connection problem how do I fix that as most devices these require a WiFi connection?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I have separated the channel and connection to both is just as bad

we have multiple devices, such as phones, consoles, tablets

i use the speed tester via the BT app

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

When testing with wifi connection that is subject to interference slowing the speed hence why only a test done with Ethernet is acceptable to show low download speed

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

The stats from the router say downstream 55mbps and upstream 10mbps, which I agree is great but how do I get these sort of speeds to our devices

0 Ratings