cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbhandy
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Poor customer centre service

Was I cut off by the service centre manager? After 90 minutes of being handed from one operator to another, I finally got to the billing dept yesterday. The operator had a poor understanding of the phone and call set-up charges so had to refer to his manager twice. I requested he put me through to his manager which he declined to do a few times, so I conceded and let him continue to deal with my query. As soon as he said BT could offer me refunds for my phone bill overcharges for only the past 120 days, the phone suddenly went quiet and a minute later the call was dropped. They did not phone me back, which I consider really poor customer service. I have stayed with BT for the last 40 years, not because they are the cheapest, but because the customer service was good --- a rethink needed.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Poor customer centre service

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They will take ownership of this,

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 7

Hi @jbhandy

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your call was disconnected when trying to sort out your bills.  I appreciate that 90 minutes is a long time to be on the phone.

Do you want to try chatting with our >>billing live chat team<< to see if they can get you sorted out today?  I'm suggesting this route as when you send us over your details it will take us a few days to get round to picking your case up.

Keep me posted how you get on chatting with them and if you're still having problems we'll give you a hand from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
jbhandy
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks, RobbieMac. Wow, I didn't expect anyone to reply until after the bank hol. I won't try the live chat, as they were no help on Thursday last. I have already raised a complaint so will wait to hear the outcome. You give me a glimmer of hope that BT haven't totally lost touch with us.
0 Ratings
jbhandy
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Keith
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@jbhandy wrote:
Thanks Keith

@jbhandy You`re welcome.

There is usually a moderator on duty at some time during the day, apart from Christmas day.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 7

Hi @jbhandy

Thanks for posting back!

Do keep us posted on the progress of your complaint.  If you do need our help simply post back and let us know Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings