Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscarip
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Poor download speed - 370 Kbps

Hi

We have been away from home for over two weeks.  We returned home last two days, the Internet speed dropped significantly.  My usual speed around 3MB in the past.  Note we didn't switch off the modem during that 2 weeks.

Called "150" and spoke to an overseas call centre staff.  She said she is resetting my profile and taking over 4 days.  However she said I should get immediately improved speed.  I don't think this is happening. Here is my latest test result:

Download speed achieved during the test was - 370 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1200-4000 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :4208 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 588 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 3712 Kbps

also ADSL line status:

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:52:03
Downstream4,210 Kbps
Upstream588 Kbps

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)4.0 dB / 4.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)62.0 dB / 36.3 dB
Output power (Down/Up)18.6 dBm / 12.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)252646 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)37 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 2704388
Error Seconds (Local)1

Please advise and thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor download speed - 370 Kbps

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

even if you hub was connected 24/7 when you were away there is no telling if there was one or numerous drops in connection.  only thing you could say if you checked then connection time was when last disconnection happened.  your connection time at present is < 2hrs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

hi also the information you were given about your profile reset was incorrect you are on a new profiling connection that gives you a profile of 88.2%of your connection speed this will change immediately any change of connection speed takes place either up or down unlike the old system that took up to 5 days and did sometimes need manual resetting
0 Ratings
oscarip
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks imjolly.

The internet always connects to the test socket which usually gets slightly faster speed.  There is another master socket near the TV aerial port.  We use it for landline. 

Just tried the quiet line - I hear nothing.

Another note - every time when the connection dropped this morning.  I have to switch off the router to gain the connection again.

0 Ratings