cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Poor experience - new customer trying to have broadband, phone and tv activated

Hi All

For the past 4 1/2 weeks I have been trying to get order a broadband, phone and tv package via BT.

Context:

- New build house (address is registered with openreach and royal mail)

- fibre only area (verified), no copper

- FTTH

- fibre boxes from openreach are already under my stairs and installed

The most recent order iteration (various previous orders were cancelled and resulted in at least 20 calls between BT and I to explain and understand what was going on) I placed was on 18th November for Infinity, phone and TV.  Placed online and received an order confirmation.

Had a text message on Saturday morning to say there's a problem with the order, please ring in.  After calling a couple of different numbers and being passed around, eventually order management confirmed there was no problem and that an engineer would visit the exchange on Monday 21st to activate the service.

Nothing in writing or email to confirm any of this as of Tuesday 22nd today.

Then received a call to say there was a problem with the order.  But no one call tell me what is.  Not the online chat people, the customer service, or even the fibre team.  I keep being passed around (and have been on hold for over 2 hours total today) but no one takes ownership and can explain what the problem is.

Please can I have some advice on how to proceed and who is the best person or area to speak to?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor experience - new customer trying to have broadband, phone and tv activated

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: Poor experience - new customer trying to have broadband, phone and tv activated

Thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Jason__L Sorry you are having trouble getting your services activated. As you premises are FTTH served then we won't be able to provide any further assistance with your order. The FTTH team can be contacted on 0800 587 4787 and only they will be able to help you with your order.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings