cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blinim
Beginner
Message 11 of 19

Re: Poor iPlayer Streaming Performance

Starting to wish I had not signed up for Infinity - a lot of diferent posts on iPlayer dropping out/freezing.  Anyway, can someome help a new Infinity user/techno-simpleton:

Moved three weeks ago from slow braodband (O2 provider) with c.8.5Mbps to where I never had any probelms watching iPlayer etc to Infinity where I get over 30 Mbps download, where I have not had any iPlayer viewing without multiple freezing.

I am hard-wired to the Infinity router, have tried swapping sockets (no diference). Running on a Dell desk-top and monitor. Done a lot of housekeeping on the PC, so not issues there.

Help? Or do i send the Infinity back?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 19

If the speeds are fine then you won't be able to cancel on the basis that one application doesn't work. Try an alternate device such as a smart phone/tablet or another PC/laptop.

There's not a generic problem with Infinity. iPlayer runs fine on all my devices including smart TV's, PS3, laptop and iPad. In fact they can all stream a HD program simultaneously!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Blinim
Beginner
Message 13 of 19

Thanks Webby for the prompt reply.

Not going to cancel Infinity - the massive speed increase out in the country-side is great for other applications. There are a few threads (think that's the phrase) about this problem though on this Forum and elsewhere.

As a techie-innocent any reason, for my peace of mind, why I had no iPlayer problems at all with the older 3Mbps broadband but do every time with 30+ Infinity?

0 Ratings
Pantry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

4od and Iplayer are both cutting in and out.  Occassional issues with youtube.  It seems like it's just an issue with streaming.

I am on a wired connection.

0 Ratings
chaddock
Beginner
Message 15 of 19

The streaming is working ok for me at 6MBps, however this latest iplayer interface control is awful, with significant delay in selecting the channel we want. This is very frustrating and I wondered if this was your issue or the actual streaming qulaity?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

Hi chaddock, welcome to the forum. I don't know if you noticed but the last post on this thread was in Sept 2012 so you might not get a reply.

0 Ratings
L7S
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 19

Is there a mac version of insider 2?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

gg30340