We joined BT about 3 months ago after being fed up of paying £150 a month for Sky. Thinking 'wow, it's BT, they must be good', but it couldn't be further from the truth.
With Sky we were getting 20MBPS download, now with BT Infinity we are hardly getting over 6MBPS.
Also, it feels like when there's more than one device using the internet, the whole thing comes to a hault and can't handle it.
I've done some browsing on here, and hopefully these are all the results that you need. Let me know if there are any more.
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1532007993
3. Firmware version: v0.07.05.0A13-BT (Type B) Last updated 30/1/2016
4. Board version: 01 5. VDSL uptime: 0 days, 20:13:30
6. Data Rate: 519 / 6399
7. Maximum Data Rate: 572 / 17743
8. Noise Margin: 7.6 / 19.0
9. Line Attenuation: 43.7 / 30.5
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 561.9 MB / 10.6 GB
12. Broadband username: email@example.com
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
|FTTC Range A (Clean)||80||80||20||20||--||Available|
|FTTC Range B (Impacted)||80||51.3||20||15||--||Available|
|WBC ADSL 2+||Up to 2||--||1 to 3||Available|
|WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M||Up to 2||Up to 0.5||1 to 3||Available|
|ADSL Max||Up to 1||--||0.75 to 2.5||Available|
|WBC Fixed Rate||0.5||--||--||Available|
these speeds are terrible compared to the checker estimates
are you using the test socket with a new filter and hub connected to filter without any phone extension cable? if not can you conenct to test socket with filter and repost stats when connected to test socket check that your extension sockets do not have a dial tone
I expect G993.2 to confirm the router showing vdsl uptime - still worth a check
in the hub stats like you posted initially just further down the list
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-F9Q8
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: 13
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-F9Q8
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: 40
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:c5:74:5a
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.1-BT (Wed Nov 12 11:52:05 2014)
If you have tried test socket with a filter and speed was still the same then you need to phone customer services and get engineer visit as your connection speed is nowhere near your estimated speed from the dslchecker.
Faults 0330 123 4567
Thanks. Had one out twice and he keeps saying it's fine but it's not. He says he's amazed we get that speed seeing as we are 2km away from box.
Most annoying thing is that as soon as someone starts using the Internet for something like watching YouTube, it lags for everyone else and won't do anything. Surely that's a router problem? Obviously the speeds are still awful but fixing that would be a start.