Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roseyp
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Poor line IP profile

Hi all,

1st time post, so please go easy.

I have been getting a poor Broadband connection rate for 4 weeks now.  I have had an Openreach Engineer out twice, who has agreed there is nothing wrong in my internal wiring, and he goes away and 24 hours later, i have an improved speed for about 2 days, then it drops off again.

This is the latest info from the BT test

The Performance Tester is now testing Broadband connection. Your configured download throughput speed for this service is 135 k

Download speed achieved during the test was - 93 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3264 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Now from doing some net researching i understand that my line IP profile is the problem, but what do i do next time I phone the BT call centre for help ??

I dont want to go round the usual tests, to be told that i have a problem and they will look into it.

Can anyone arm me with some more information before i do.

I am connected using an ethenet cable and using the BT home hub 2.0

Thanks

Roseyp

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Poor line IP profile

How long has your router been continuously connected to your broadband?  Or have you been resetting the router in the hope that the profile would increase?

It normally takes 3 days of being continuously connected before the profile changes

This is similar to TobesEtc post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
roseyp
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Its has been plugged in now for 5 days without touching it or turning off etc.

It just seems that i am going round in circles with BT at the moment

Roseyp

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Maybe one of the mods can look into your case especially if you have been connected contiuously for 5 days.  My experience is that mine usually resets to the correct level after 3 days connected at the same speed.  This site will let you see what your profile should be for your downstream speed http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 8

Hi Roseypm,

Welcome to the forums.

Yeah if the hubs been constantly connected then it looks like the IP profile is stuck.  I'll see if I can give this a nudge and get you back on track.

Could you email me your BT account and telephone number please along with a link back to this thread.

forum.moderation.team@bt.com

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

0 Ratings
sbl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I had a line fault fixed a couple or weeks ago and ever since then I have been configured to 135k.

I've had 2 engineers out to my house, both saying the line is fine.

I have my own personal help desk guy in India who keeps saying it will be sorted out in the next 24hrs, which doesn't happen.

Help!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Allnamestaken
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I hate those god **bleep** indians do bt think were stupid i **bleep**ing hate them **bleep** them.

Im indian myself lmao that says alot.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
jimbob
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I found this place really helpfull  http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Takes lots of reading but you can prove your not getting the service your contract stats then you should get a full refund.

Luky for me bt is breaching its contract with me leaving me with an easy way out free of charge and then Im free to use the new adsl2 service just installed in my area last month.

edit: forgot to add link

-------------------------------------------------
Quad Core 3.42ghz @ idle/load 29/37C (water cooler)
Northbridge 2.2ghz / HyperLink 2ghz
4gb ram gt 1.600mhz
4870x1 2gb vram vapper
wireless (free)
0 Ratings