Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaykaypee
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Poor response to phone line out of action

Go to solution

My neighbour is severely disabled,being a double amputee, with epilepsy with his wife and carer also having health problems.There phone has been out of action for 2 days now.

They cannot get a signal on their mobile in the house so are effectively isolated. They have no way of contacting the emergency services should they need to , yet it has taken 2 days and several calls to get any useful response.Although I have now spoken to the supervisor in the call centre, I can only get that they will 'try' to get it mended within 24-48hours, even though it has now apparently been put on the emergency list. My neighbours have been extremely distressed by this, and it is potentially dangerous for them to be without phone contact.

I am appalled at this lack of customer service, and basic compassion.There is definitely not a'can do' attitude from the call centre, and both of my neighbours, my husband, and myself have wasted considerable time trying to get a good response.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Poor response to phone line out of action

Go to solution
Hi

BT retail your provider do not supply or maintain the network that is done by Openreach on behalf of all service providers and BT retail your provider gets no preference under OFCOM rules and Openreach say they will look at a fault within 3 working however if it is a complex fault it may take longer to resolve
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

are your neighbours registered here   http://www.bt.com/includingyou/assets/downloads/FreePriorityFaultRepair.pdf

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Jaykaypee,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am so sorry to hear that you and your neighbour have had a poor experience and your neighbour has had no phone service.  I would like to take a look at the fault to make sure things are progressing as they should be, so that the fault is repaired.

I would recommend looking at the link that Imjolly has posted as certainly think this will come in useful to your neighbour for any future problems that may arise.

Please drop me an email via the 'Contact Us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your neighbour's BT account details and the link to this thread.  If you could also supply a contact number.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
jaykaypee
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you all for your help, the fault has now been repaired, so thank you to the supervisor in the fault reporting centre for escalating this as promised.

0 Ratings
Dan2511
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Was told I had too change to Infinity, did that, today telephone no dial tone, though BB working, reported via Internet text says fix by 25/3...I really have to be without service that Long ? Think I will change provider
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
the wait would be the same with any provider unless cable as they all use Openreach to supply and maintain the lines
0 Ratings