cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 50

Re: Poor speed in peak hours - losing will to live - ongoing technical query lasting a month so far!

Junction box with RF filter........

bt80brf3.jpg

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 50

Re: Poor speed in peak hours - losing will to live - ongoing technical query lasting a month so far!

IDC insertion tool........

7_1246_e.jpg

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 50

You may like to have a look at.......

http://www.expect.openreach.co.uk/people-at-home-work/electrical-noise-effects-on-broadband-services...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 50

Thanks for all the info, shirts.

Regarding this quote from that final link:

"If the owner of the noise source chooses not to cooperate then there is nothing further Openreach can do at this time to resolve this issue."

This strikes fear into my soul. My options would, in that eventuality, be a.) move house or b.) pay my way out of my BT contract and just go back to one that f*cking worked. I simply cannot believe this is happening to me. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 50

I feel your pain.....I approached it from a slightly different direction. Instead of trying to track down the specific item (or items) that was causing the interference, I am trying to stop it getting in to my broadband. I visualised, after a long battle with a neighbour, having finally getting it sorted, only to have something else cause a new source of interference......Smiley Mad

This is another good reason (in my opinion) for getting the basic connection to your master socket sorted out. Once that is done, then at least you can avail yourself of the Openreach engineers and possibly their REIN engineers, without the fear of a large call out charge.......It all takes time though.........

I think you'll find that whoever you get your broadband from, as you still end up using the same cable to your house, you will still have problems with interference.........

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 50

You have already shown that you can get an EXCELLENT connection........all it takes is perseverance.........!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 50

@shirts advertising links are prohibited that is why it was edited
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 50

Down to about 2-3mbps tonight so usable at present, if still unacceptably slow.

Local technician is here right now reconnecting the wire from the exchange directly to my NTE, and removing the star wiring setup completely. I'll make sure the test socket is working before BT come round to run their tests on Saturday; hopefully that will, at least, represent progress. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 50

To john 46.....

Unfortunately, in my eagerness to help this poster, and to ensure he/she got a filtered junction box, I posted the link from where I got my junction box. I realised afterwards that this is advertising, which wasn't my intent. I shall be more careful in future.........Smiley Happy 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 50

no problems it happens 😉
0 Ratings