cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandarin14a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Poor speeds and terrible support on transfer to BT

Just mived yesterday from plusnet to bt on adsl connection. Remived old router and replaced with Home Hub 4. All other wiring etc remains unchanged.

Previously has an IP Profile of 7.15 and connected at 6.2ish.

Speedtest show IP Profile of just 1mb and connection the same.

Spoke to Support yesterday and did the usual stuff re new filters etc and rebooting router. Asked what my Profile was set at, they had no idea what it was!

Spoke again today as no improvement and despite saying all the same stuff still not possible to get sorted and a Level 2 callback has been booked for tomorrow! Operator did ageee there was a problem on line but again had no idea of Profile.

Dissapointed that Support cannot reset this which i would expect to cure the problem, or at least let it start profiling from a higher figure.

Overall not a good start with BT and badly let down but poor Support so far. Let's see if Level 2 know any more and can fix what should in theory be a fairly simple thing to fix.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Poor speeds and terrible support on transfer to BT

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
mandarin14a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

From Logs

08:03:55, 28 Oct.( 1053.580000) DSL noise margin: 31.00 dB upstream, 33.00 dB downstream
08:03:55, 28 Oct.( 1053.510000) DSL line rate: 288 Kbps upstream, 1152 Kbps downstream

Speed test gives 0.98 down, 0.03 up, ping 67.0, second page of test will not run.

Old style master socket, no removable front plate.

As mentioned, all worked fine prior to this. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

if hh4 can you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

from what you have posted looks like someone has made a mistake as the connection looks like a 1mb fixed connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mandarin14a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER Telephone Number xxxxxx on Exchange COLDINGHAM

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

thanks  just trying to see if you had any betetr options than adslmax - sadly no

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

router stats would help but I think you are going to need mod help to get you on to adslmax  they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 9 of 13

Hi @mandarin14a,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're new broadband service is running slowly.  We'll need to look into this further as it's most likely a problem with your IP profile or a fault that is causing the slow speed as we no longer offer fixed rate broadband to new customers when ADSL max is available.

Please can you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
mandarin14a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Call from Level 2 support. Say my SNR is too high (32db) and cannot reset profile for 10 days.

Everything worked fine prior to switch, only change in house is introduction of HH4.

Very disappointed with service, leaves me with unusable service till 5 November to try and get Profile reset.

Support person would not accept Profile would usually start high and level out downwards and thinks 1Mb is fine to start with.

Line is expected to offer 7 - 8 Mb with guaranteed 5 Mb according to BT. Had this prior to transfer. 

BT support to date very poor, no resolution at moment, beginning to wish not made the move.

0 Ratings