cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanesh
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Poor support infrastructure for FTTP customers??

I am a BT Infinity (FTTP) customer. Since FTTC wasn’t available to my area, I had no option but to go with BT and with FTTP.

The support process for the FTTP customers seems to be different from that of others. For example, around 06:30 this Saturday I noticed the loss of internet and phone services to my house. I tried to report the fault for at least 30 minutes. After many attempts by the offshore support staff to test my line, I was told that the offshore support staff cannot help me and I have to wait until 8am, when the actual support staff responsible for FTTP will start their duty. When I range around 8 am I was then told that there is a fault on my line and an engineer visit is necessary. Since all appointments are full for the day, I have to wait until Monday and more importantly I will have to be at home in case the engineer needs access even though the fault is likely to be outside the house.

I am wondering whether I have made a mistake going for FTTP?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
hippey
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Poor support infrastructure for FTTP customers??

I wouldn't say you've made a mistake, in fact you'll find that generally the fault desk are far more knowledgeable than the copper PSTN.

The main issue with FTTP is if the modem needs swapping out, in that case you have to be home. Faults between you and the exchange are pretty rare so it's likely to be equipment related and if your PON light is out then it's an exchange issue or a broken fibre
0 Ratings
kanesh
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Poor support infrastructure for FTTP customers??

Yes, the PON light is off. I do appreciate that the FTTP team may be knowledgeable. However, the team appears to be small compared to the copper line team. As a result, our family have been without landline and broadband and more importantly I have to be off work today.

0 Ratings