cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Poor upload speed, literally halved from when originally connected.

Here is the regular speedtest results: https://gyazo.com/1a5b587970b4f3cbdd87780d769a8c62

Here is the diagnostic, pretty much identical to previous test: https://gyazo.com/d37d781f697e258fe0432cb2331ab1c4

I did the 17070 test , there is a very slight hum, but probably the phone itself because it is relatively old, but no crackling etc...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

bump

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

GG posted this earlier for a customer to check if hub is faulty

Make a direct wired connection from your Laptop to the modem (white Openreach box) which will eliminate the Homehub. Follow this guide to do that. Use your computer as normal to see if it first of all connects and if it does if it maintains the connection. If it connects and does not disconnect you will know it is a faulty hub. Obviously you will not be able to use any other devices while doing this.

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop into the modem using LAN1 port

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Thanks for the reply.

I have done as you suggested in your post, and I can confirm my PC is connected to the internet and has held connection for quite a time, I am even replying to you now with the ethernet plugged straight into the OpenReach modem, and the HomeHub3 turned off.

I have just been on Speedtest.net and my upload is now at 0.8 (up from 0.7) So still not what it was, but it is actually better.

Does this mean my HomeHub needs to be replaced??

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

yes

I would contact customer services explain what you have done to prove hub faulty and get replacement 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 16 of 19

Or better still , get your own decent router to replace the HH3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

The option of purchasing a new router did cross my mind. However, the thought of what's the point when I get 0.7 upload also crossed my mind, because if a new router doesn't solve the problem, then I would have more than likely wasted £100+. BT isn't cheap and naturally I expect a good service, there are plenty of providers than can provide 14 download and 0.7 upload for half the price and less which is what BT are providing me with at present, my upload halving all of a sudden shouldn't happen and being told to reset my router for 5 minutes on the phone everytime I ring up clearly wasn't resolving the problem.

I should have received an HH4/HH5 when I switched to BT, and also should have received a HH5 when I upgraded to Infinity. But didn't. So hopefully when a new router arrives all issues should be resolved.

Thanks again for your help. It really is much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 18 of 19

There's no reason you should've been supplied with either an HH4 or HH5. What makes you think this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Because that's the offer BT are, and were offering when I switched to BT, and when I upgraded from standard to Superfast infinity etc.. When it became available in my area.

They were fantastic on the phone and said they had no idea why we had an HH3, should have had an HH4 originally anyway. So please forgive my HomeHub ignorance. I'm not all that tech savvy unfortunately. I just have to pay the postage for delivery. Should arrive Tuesday so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Will update A.S.A.P

Regards

0 Ratings