cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Port Conflict, shall i fix with a sledge hammer. HUB5 infinity port forward conflict!!!

Hi,

I really want to take a hammer and smash this **bleep** peace of a box to hell. Am trying to add UDP port forwarding 500 and 1701 4500 to my local server.

However the box keeps on giving me a port conflic message. What the hell is going on:

"The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device."

I have nothing else in the port forward. Shall i fix this by getting the sledge hammer to the box. or is there a softer way to fix this.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Port Conflict, shall i fix with a sledge hammer. HUB5 infinity port forward conflict!!!

Hi absuk,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had setting up port forwarding on your Home Hub 5. Check out this link for help setting this up and let me know if it works?

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Port Conflict, shall i fix with a sledge hammer. HUB5 infinity port forward conflict!!!

@absuk wrote:

Hi,

I really want to take a hammer and smash this **bleep** peace of a box to hell. Am trying to add UDP port forwarding 500 and 1701 4500 to my local server.

However the box keeps on giving me a port conflic message. What the hell is going on:

"The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device."

I have nothing else in the port forward. Shall i fix this by getting the sledge hammer to the box. or is there a softer way to fix this.

Reset the home hub to factory default, then disable uPnP first. Now you should be able to setup port forwarding without any conflicts.

There is some more info here.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/portforward.html

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

yes ...please use the sledge hammer !! ....its very important that you get this right however, to soft and it wont fix the issue ....i recomend a full arms length over the head swing to get the perfect result.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Is port clamping enabled on your router?  This will reserve UDP 500.  If so, disable it and try again.

0 Ratings