cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Port Forwarding - Connection Timed Out

I am trying to port forward from my PC to host a minecraft server. I have forwarded the port 25565. However, when I try to use them the connection times out. I have looked up the port on canyouseeme.org and, yet again, connection timed out. I haven't found a single solution so far. Yesterday, everything was working perfectly fine and I haven't changed anything. I just tried to star the server up today and it didn't work. And yes, I am using the correct IP as that can sometimes change.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Port Forwarding - Connection Timed Out

@Smithy295 wrote:

when I try to use them the connection times out.

Where are trying from? From outside your LAN? Have you checked the public IP you are addressing is still the IP assigned to your router? This could potentially change at any re-sync.

Message 3 of 7

Like I said, I'm using the right IP. I try to use the port from multiple places and nothing will connect.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Welcome to the forum.

What router are you using and have you set a static IP on your game server?

Next thing is have you set up a Dynamic DNS service?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Smithy295 wrote:

I am trying to port forward from my PC to host a minecraft server. I have forwarded the port 25565. However, when I try to use them the connection times out. I have looked up the port on canyouseeme.org and, yet again, connection timed out. I haven't found a single solution so far. Yesterday, everything was working perfectly fine and I haven't changed anything. I just tried to star the server up today and it didn't work. And yes, I am using the correct IP as that can sometimes change.

It sounds like the port forwarding rule isn't working, the port number looks correct but what about the protocol, did you create your rule for TCP/IP?

As well as creating the port forwarding rule on your router you will also have to change the firewall settings on the host machine to open the port you are forwarding.

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I came back an hour later and it started working. I don't honestly know how this happened. Anyone got any theories?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Not really.  On the few occasions I tried using hubs port forwarding was often unpredictable.  Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't and no changes were made to settings to cause issues.  So hope it keeps working for you.

0 Ratings