cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skilganon
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Port Forwarding Crashes Homehub 5

Tried setting up port forwarding on my home hub 5. The first time I put a port forward in the router crashed. Now it crashes whenever I click Port Forwarding.

I've tried several factory resets (pushing a paper clip into the reset hole until the light turns blue). On each attempt the router reboots fine - but has not reset - all my old wifi settings and so on are still there. And if I click on Port Forwarding - it crashes again.

Checked the firmware and it has the latest:

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 | Last updated 01/07/15

Does the router need replacing or is there another solution ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Port Forwarding Crashes Homehub 5

Try a different web browser, and make sure you change any settings using a direct Ethernet connection, not wireless.

Make sure smart setup is disabled.

Before setting up port forwarding, remenber to disable uPnP first, otherwise you may get conflicts.

0 Ratings
skilganon
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith - thanks for the quick reply.

To confirm - I tried several browsers - FF, Safari, Chrome - and two different computers

Both were connected via a LAN cable not WiFi

I've now disabled smart setup - but how can I disable UPNP if the router crashes when I click Port Forwarding ? (I assume thats where the setting for UPNP is located on the Home Hub 5 ?)

Cheers

Andy

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Disabling IPv6 on your computer network interface can also help.

Are they Windows or Apple devices?

Not sure whee uPnP appears on the menu as I have an early home hub.

Is this any help?

Image1.jpg

skilganon
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

OK I finally managed to get the router to fully reset (i lost all my wifi details) - I can now get into port forwarding again. Will try again with smart setup disabled and Upnp off - thanks for the help so far !

0 Ratings
skilganon
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks Keith - unfortunately on a HH5 the setting is indeed found under Port Forwarding - which isnt much help if that option crashes the router ! In any case a full reset finally did the trick - at least as far as letting me into Port Forwarding again. Will see what happens now - thanks for the help

0 Ratings