cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccann
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Port Forwarding Problems

Morning all, recently changed my router to a Zyxel SBG3300 from the HH5.

Everything was fine for a few months and then all of a sudden the port forwarding seemed to stop working, I wasn't able to see open ports from the sites that can check this, my cctv system isn't abled to be remotely accessed now either.

Went back to my HH5 and I am having the seem problem.

Have tried resetting both routers to no avail, I am even seeing problems with PS4/Xbox One now aswell.  Dropped connections and restricted nat types.

I am on Infinity 2.

Could BT be blocking my ports?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Port Forwarding Problems

Is it CG NAT?
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44044/~/ip-address-translation%2Fsharing
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Timbo69
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I had DynDNS setup on my HH5 for a webcam which recently stopped working recently, together with all the other issues BT Infinity seemed to be having. I changed router to a Netgear which allowed me to use non-BT DNS servers, that seemed to fix it for me. If I change the DNS servers on the router back to BT ones it stops again.
0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I read a little about the CG Nat bit last night, I also checked this and I'm not on a shared IP.

I also stopped using DNS server for my cameras when they stopped working, so at the minute I basically have a fresh hh5 with only my PS4 set with port forward, still not able to see those ports from the checker sites.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Check that DynDNS is updating your host name correctly by logging into your account and looking at the host update logs.

Also check that you have not got BT Parental controls installed, as they can interfere with DNS requests.

They will need to to fully uninstalled, not just disabled.

0 Ratings
mccann
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Not using any DNS and not using any parental controls

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

You must use a DDNS provider to update your public IP address.

0 Ratings