cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalum
Message 1 of 11

Port Forwarding problems with BT Infinity.

Hi everyone,

For the past few days I've been trying to open port 10932 to host a game. I used to be able to use this port to host, however I switched to the Home Hub 2 from the Home Hub 3 because I was having a similar problem but on a much larger scale (Couldn't forward Xbox Live, PS3 or Utorrent) I've followed loads of guides, but to no avail. I've tried TCP and UDP but PFPortChecker still shows the port is being blocked, no one can connect to my game either. Is this a problem that can be fixed? Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Port Forwarding problems with BT Infinity.

I wish I could help you,but have not had my HH3 installed yet [having infinity installed this Wednesday].
If you have tried the normal port forwarding method in the HH2/HH3 config and it is refusing to do it then there must be something wrong with the supplied HH3 or HH2.Are you remembering to save the new data after entering the ports.?

And also check that any firewalls are giving access to those ports as router [hub] settings can be overriden by firewalls.
I use port forwarding to host using my belkin router,so I hope that BT is not blocking ports as I intend to keep using my own router.

0 Ratings
Kalum
Message 3 of 11

I am saving the new data, I tried turning the router off and on, I uninstalled my firewall and tried to no avail. Windows Firewall and the Firewall on the router are not active at the minute either. I have tried everything possible, I think you may be right about my HH2/HH3 being faulty.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

It appears that you are not alone,the thread below on this forum seems to be related to almost the same problem when using the HH3.?

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/HELP-i-can-t-get-my-BT-Infinity-to-forward-port-80-to-my/td-p...

There is one more thing that you could try:

Does the HH3 have a section in it`s config to put one of your computers into DMZ mode [Demilitarized Zone].?

If so put the IP [internal] of your server into DMZ,but remember to put in it back after hosting as it bepasses all firewalls and puts the server [PC] into totally open mode.

0 Ratings
Kalum
Message 5 of 11

So, I switched back to my HH3 and the server worked as before. Now I checked PFPortChecker and it says the Xboxes ports are forwarded, but only when the Device selected is my PC and not the Xbox 360, Does the Xbox 360 need to be in the devices?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Can`t comment about the xbox as I don`t use it,sorry.
But if it is part of your network it must have an IP of sorts.?
And any ports needed to connect the xbox to a server must be forwarded,but you have done that.?

But if you are saying that your PC is recieving the forwarding then maybe you should be using the server [another PCs IP] in the forwarding info.?

Have you got another router you could try instead of using the HH3/2.?

But running out of ideas now.:)

0 Ratings
Kalum
Message 7 of 11

Unfortunately I do not have another router that I could use. However I have just reset the HH3's settings to Factory Default and Xbox Live is now working as intended. Unfortunately, the server cannot be hosted this time on HH3.

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

are you connected by ethernet or wireless to your xbox?
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Kalum
Message 9 of 11

Wireless for my Xbox 360, Ethernet for my Desktop and Wireless for my Laptop.

0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

try using a wired connection for your xbox and tell us if that works better 🙂
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings