cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morty007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Port Forwarding

Hi, about 8 weeks ago my broadband was all over the place the ping was in excess of 5000 and the speed was dropping to 0.3meg and i could no longer view my cctv via the net.did the usual and called BT to get told by BT oh its nothing to do with us.until after some digging on the net i have found out that BT have my connection on trial with cgnat without a by your leave or informing me that any or all connections using port forwarding will probably not work due to this and strangely enough as if by magic thats when everything started going pear shaped.I have opted out of it even though the cheeky **bleep** don't willingly let you know your on it or that if you get any problems no one can help you as the call centres dont have a flipping clue.now my speed and ping are normal again but even if i open any ports they all show as closed when i test them.any thoughts appreciated as BT seem to be in denial about everything & my cctv is still un accessable from the net even though as said all was fine until they messed around with it.

your help and wisdom is appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Port Forwarding

After you have opted out of IP sharing, you will need to restart your home hub, then make sure that your public IP address is showing the same as the broadband IP address shown on the home hub.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44044/c/6433

0 Ratings
Morty007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi,thanks for the link.I've done all of that the only ports that are open are 53 & 80.Nothing else will open?????????? 

0 Ratings
Morty007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

update, ports are now closed.I’ve no idea whats going on.
0 Ratings