Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljm
Expert
Message 1 of 8

Port Mapping Rules

Go to solution

Hi,

Could someone kindly explain why my logs show pages of 'Updating/Adding/Deleting Port Mapping Rule'.  What does it mean?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Port Mapping Rules

Go to solution

It probably means you have UPnP enabled.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Something is opening incoming connections to your private network. If you look at the IP address of the device that its mapping to, you should be able to identify what application or program is doing it.

If you do not know what it is, the I would recommend that you disable UPnP on the home hub, for your own security.

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

I've been looking through my Smart Hub for the UPnP which you advise me to switch off. Is it on the Advanced Settings >Firewall> Configuration page.  I found something on that page which says UPnP ON and then underneath it said Extended UPnP Security ON.  Am i on the correct page, and if so shall i change UPnP to the OFF position then, leaving the Extended UPnP Security ON?

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Please could someone answer my post, as I am not knowledgeable with these things?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@ljm wrote:
Please could someone answer my post, as I am not knowledgeable with these things?

Turn them both off.

hh6_upnp.jpg

0 Ratings
ljm
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. I expect I should ignore the text "We recommend you keep 'Extended UPnP Security turned on to make your home network secure"?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@ljm wrote:
Thanks Keith. I expect I should ignore the text "We recommend you keep 'Extended UPnP Security turned on to make your home network secure"?

That only applies if you have UPnP enabled.

0 Ratings