Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 59

Port forwarding to two devices with HH4

Go to solution

Having set up my IP camera with HH4 successfully, I've now got another one and would like to set it up as well. I gave it a unique, static IP address which my router can see fine. When I try to set up port forwarding, I get a message saying:

"The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application (IP Cam 1) you’ve already assigned to another device. Please remove the other application or select the same device."

I am not being given the option to select the same device.

I'm now wondering if port forwarding to two identical devices actually works in principle with HH4? Has anyone else done this?

0 Ratings
58 REPLIES 58
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 59

Re: Port forwarding to two devices with HH4

Go to solution

The second camera will need to use a different port. If the first camera used port 80,  then use port 81 for the second one. You will need to change the settings on the second camera.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 59

Go to solution

I have changed the TCP and UDP ports (from 37777 and 37778 respectively to 36666 and 36667 ) in my camera settings. However, the camera software doesn't let me change the HTTP port from 80. I am still getting the same conflict error in the browser, presumably because the HTTP port is not changed. Any idea how to get around this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 59

Go to solution

If its the Apollo Zeus setup, the I seem to think that port 80 is only used for local management, and is not used by the remote application, so it would not need to be forwarded anyway.

The device settings on the software screen defaults to port 37777, so that would be saved as the first device. Then you would add a new device using ports 36666 and 36667.

Image1.jpg

I do not have the system, but have worked with forum members who do have.

Their multiple cameras were connected to the DVR control unit.

Apollo Zeus CCTV - Port forwarding, plus iPad and PC instructions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 59

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply, but I am not yet using the Apollo Zeus software - I'm just trying to see the IP camera in a web browser to start with.

Here is a screen dump of the web-based set up page for the working IP cam (1) in case it's relevant. The numbers without a range in brackets on the right seem are not editable.

ipcam1.png

I'll try fiddling around some more now I know it's probably not an issue with the HTTP port.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 59

Go to solution

I assume that is your local connection, and not the method you use for remote access?

You will probably find that port 80 is not used for remote access anyway.

The remote apps would use 37777 and 37778

You need to try it using a remote app. If you need help, then I have the remote software running in a virtual machine. Which is where the screen dump came from.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 59

Go to solution

I have been using the web browser plugin for remote access all week and it's been OK. So I thought it would simply be a matter of pointing a second web page to the camera, once I'd set up the port forwarding properly.

I have also noticed some differences between the two devices in my router. I think the static IP address may be set up slightly differently for the two cameras. The first camera does not appear in the router network map, whereas the second one does. I read on this forum that devices with a static IP address do not appear in the network map, which made sense. However, in the device settings for the second camera, I can't select "Always use this IP address" though the "IP address assignment" claims to be static - the radio button won't let me click "Yes".

ipcam2settings.png

(I set up both IP addresses to be static in the camera setup). Could it be that I don't have a proper static IP address set up for the second camera?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 59

Go to solution

You would have to look at the other camera settings, and perhaps set it to 192.168.1.63 (that is the highest number you can use)

You cannot click "Yes" if the IP address is set on the camera, so do not worry about it, as it will always use that IP address anyway.

The "yes" box is only for IP addresses assigned by the home hub, for things like computers, tablets etc.

My guess is that the browser plugin will only cope with one camera. If you have more than one, you will have to use the software application.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 59

Go to solution

@klara wrote:

Having set up my IP camera with HH4 successfully, I've now got another one and would like to set it up as well. I gave it a unique, static IP address which my router can see fine. When I try to set up port forwarding, I get a message saying:

"The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application (IP Cam 1) you’ve already assigned to another device. Please remove the other application or select the same device."

I am not being given the option to select the same device.

I'm now wondering if port forwarding to two identical devices actually works in principle with HH4? Has anyone else done this?

If in the Home Hub 4 A you go to

Advanced Settings

Firewall
Port Fowarding

Manage Games and Applications 

You get the following statement:

"Each game or application can be assigned to only one device on your home network"

I would think that the only way round your problem is to have each Camera running a different application or the same application with a different name.  
Does the remote browser app need to know the application name  or just the device name ?

If you think about how Port Forwarding needs to function you need a way whereby  the remote user needs to be able to tell the Hub what Camera to talk to.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 59

Go to solution

Can you add two ports in your configuration ??

TCP       37777, 36666

UDP       37778, 36668

or separate them with a [ ; ] or a [ : ] or even a space

Smiley Happy

Cheers..

0 Ratings