cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Positive BT Feedback: Does it exist?

Having dealt with BT over numerous stickly issues over the past 7 years (or more), and constantly found them wanting, I really must know:

Has anyone got any good stories about BT?  Please share, as I am losing faith in this staple British company.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Positive BT Feedback: Does it exist?

In my work I find that all the BT engineers I've worked with are fine and take pride in their work. It's the beurocracy that BT build up between you and the engineers that's the problem.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Ha! That is true.  I have had engineers tell me they could attempt to fix my problem with 3 minutes work, but BT wouldn't allow them to.  Engineers seem to have to wade through vats of *expletive* to try and deliver the service they would like.

But, even aside from this bureaucracy between the triad of BT companies, I feel that the actual provider (which I believe is the particular head of the hydra associated with this forum (?) ) is incredibly unhelpful and somewhat underhanded.

See £1.50 charge for not using the landline; http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/1-50-charge-for-not-making-calls/td-p/547877

30 days notice for disabling a line; http://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Call-Packages/Maximum-of-30-days-in-advance-to-terminate-contract/m...

And those are the only two that have affected me in the recent past! If I talked about broadband, I would be here all day!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

If you're looking for BT plaudits here, you're looking in the wrong place. This is essentially a customer help forum; customers needing help are not looking to praise, though some occasioanlly do. There is also a fair amount of misunderstanding as evidenced in at least one of the links you quoted. 

BT are far from perfect, but most of us who stick with them regard it as the best choice from a fairly lousy bunch. The company is conspicuously absent from this.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@pottyperson wrote:

If you're looking for BT plaudits here, you're looking in the wrong place. This is essentially a customer help forum; customers needing help are not looking to praise, though some occasioanlly do. There is also a fair amount of misunderstanding as evidenced in at least one of the links you quoted. 

BT are far from perfect, but most of us who stick with them regard it as the best choice from a fairly lousy bunch. The company is conspicuously absent from this.

Well said sir...

This is a problem and help forum. So 99.9% of the posts you will see will all be problems and so these are not indicative of the general standard of service received by the majority of users.

Me personally? I've had BT for decades. And yes, I've had a few problems over the years. But all were resolved to my satisfaction, I'm pleased to say.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings