cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Possible BT Infinity 1 congestion issues, No one fixing?

Hi , I am new to this forum but I am at my wits end with BT. I ordered BT Inifity 1 end of November. I was promised up to 52mbps and have been recieving roughly this during the mornings and afternoons. Now the issue arises about 4:30 as my speed starts to plummet to around 4mbps and at times as low as 2mbps. 

Actions

1. Phoned BT call center and went through the usual spiel of resetting the Home Hub 5 , changing the channel  on the Router - No change. 

2. Phoned BT again  and got sent a regular BT engineer who agreed the speeds were very low and did some tests on the line and determined there was no problem with my phone line and then chaned the master socket. = No change.

3. Phoned BT Again (we are in mid December here now) They send a new Home Hub 5  - No change

4. Phoned Bt again and at last I got through to a UK Call Center (early Jan)  - They put a request in for a BT Wholesale engineer, BT engineer arrived and seemed perplexed as he said everything was fine cabling wise and he changed a cable for us outside the house  ? and said to ensure that we are using ethernet cables as we will definatelty get the speeds from that and that no company will guarantee speeds over wifi. He also explained that there must be a capacity issue during peak times and that it wouldnt be fixed as BT will not spend millions fixing all of this. He did say to test the speed using the ethernet cable.  - I chaecjked speed during peak hours with Ethernet cable tonight and I am still only getting 5.40mbps! 

I am seriously thinking whther I should continue with BT or not as they are not providing a service I am paying for. I appreciate that speeds drop during peak times but to only get 10% of the speed I am supposed to be getting seems a bit steep even during peak hours! Why do I pay £35+ per month to get a speed that is less than ADSL during peak times. Yes I am getting good speeds in the morning when Im at work and afternoon but I would like speeds that are at least able to cope with netflix during the evening to watch my box sets! 

HELP ! would be appreciated folks if possible .

Thanks 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 22

Re: Possible BT Infinity 1 congestion issues, No one fixing?

sorry this is late on a saturday you guys must all be very busy

0 Ratings
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Here is the ADSL checker info dsl checker.jpg

0 Ratings
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

Here is the Bt wholesale speed from 10PM tonight this is a typical speed as opposed to my 40+ Mbps from 2am to 4:30pm/5  pm it will remain around 5mbps from 4:30/5pm right through past midnight. I could not do the further diagnostics tool on this site as it says there was an error during the test each time. Upload speed always stays around 10mbps.

BT wholesale speed 11417 10pm.jpg

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

BT Wholesale will be aware of the capacity issue and WILL be working on a fix the information you were given was wrong as there is a rolling programme to keep the network capacity to match demand there is no point in using the call centres with this one as it is beyond their remit and they do not have the tools to see it

changing providers will make no difference as they all use the sams BT Wholesale network unless you can get a cable provider all that you can do for now is wait for the upgrade to be carried out in your area
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

@stuartrossy1

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test including diagnostics needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

The last image you posted is not readable on the forum as its too small. You need to post it as a larger image.

0 Ratings
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Ok here is the non peak time print screen this usually varies between 20 - 40 mbps  I am showing you the further diagnostics screen as this is the only screen that shows, it will not complete the further diagnistics due to an error this is all I get.btwholesale15117 10am.jpg

0 Ratings
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

This is the peak times speed aain I get the same error screen on the further diagnostics page ?

BT wholesale speed 11417 10pm.jpg

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 22

Hi @stuartrossy1 and thanks for posting.

Can you confirm which exchange you're connected to?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
stuartrossy1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Yes its chellaston. Derby , exchange code (EMCHELL) CABINET 16.
0 Ratings