Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George66
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Possible phishing mail???

Go to solution

I just received this mail stating that BT email would be stopped unless I subscribed to BT Broadband, as all the links are prefixed by edited by mod I believe it to be a phishing email, opinions please.

George

Home | Help | My BT | Yes This email is genuine ?

Important information about your email service Upgrade Now!

Hello,

As you've used your email address in the last 90 days, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.

We're closing some of our older email services. That means your BT email address will stop working after 05th February,2016 unless you add it to your BT Broadband account and this will take effect from 26th January,2016 for you to do so you will need to Upgrade today.If you don't do that, you'll lose your email address as well as the contacts and messages associated with it so we strongly advice you to Upgrade.

Keep your email by adding it to your BT Broadband account

If you want to keep it, it's quick, easy and free. Just link your email address to your BT Broadband account,what you need to do is Upgrade Now.

We sent you this message because you've got BT Broadband.

Don't need your email address any more?

If you don't want to keep your email address, and everything associated with it, tell us and we'll delete it for you.

I don't want my email address

To find out more, or for information on how to save copies of your messages and contacts before the end of 05th February,2016 go to bt.com/emailchanges.

Thanks,

Libby Barr Managing Director, Sales and Service

Contact us

Privacy policy

Please don't 'reply'

Sorry, we don't check this mailbox. Please have a look at the 'Contact us' link above if you need to get in touch. To make sure emails from BT go into your inbox and not the junk folder, add btservices@comm.bt.com to your address book. We sent this email to you  because you're using an email address provided by BT.  © British Telecommunications plc 2015. We're registered in England at 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ (company number 1800000). All this information was correct on the date we sent this email. See our terms and  conditions

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Possible phishing mail???

Go to solution

Delete it. Hopefully you haven't clicked on any of the links.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

The email you have received is basically correct in what it is informing you. However I would not use any of the links regardless of what they are asking you to do as they do look a bit suspect.

Couple of things to consider.

1) Are you a BT Broadband customer?

2) If not, do you have a BT email account from a previous BT Broadband account that you have not upgraded/moved to BT Premium email? 

If you are no longer a BT broadband customer and you are still using a BT email address BT can close it down as per this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140/~/what-happens-to-my-bt-internet-email-account-...

See link about phishing emails

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9191/~/what-is-a-phishing-scam%3F-is-the-email-i-have...

0 Ratings
George66
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I used to be a BT broadband customer, but when I dropped it I moved over to BT premium mail.

George

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As long as you are paying for Premium email you should have no problems. If in the future you move back to BT Broadband you can have your email address linked to your new BT account and once that has been done you stop paying for Premium email.

George66
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks all for the replies

0 Ratings