Yeah, I used the contact form. Would prefer not to ring call centres as I find them useless and will just annoy me even further haha.
Now my profile has went down to 28 mbps. Surely going from 48 mbps to 28 mbps is enough to get a fault check/profile reset?
You can check your line for faults by yourself, follow these steps!
1. Visit this link https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/secure/faults/tracking.do;jsessionid=2W59QB2TvDGLZST41KJS2T...
2. Make an account with your BT Account number, this is different to your forum account.
3. Once the account is created re-visit the link from instruction #1 and login
4. Now you want to click on "Check my line now"
5. You should see your telephone number in a box, make sure that box is ticked if not enter your number.
6. Click on "Check my line" once step 5 has been completed
7. Make sure the details are correct, select the most relavant problem to you. I find the most common is the top selection "I've removed all equipment...."
8. Finally, Click "Check my line" **MAKE SURE NO ONE IS USING THE PHONE** Once completed, post the results contact a mod if a fault is found.
Hmmm, did you have loss of broadband service on that day If so, yes it could of dropped your IP profile.
Have you ran a phone line check yet?
This issue is already known to us
Telephone number checked
Title: Major Service Outage
Cause: There has been a major disruption to services in the area
Reason for extended duration: We are working to restore your connection as quickly as possible. For more information, please contact us on 0800 800 151.
Estimated completion date 02 NOV 2012 AM
That's what was shown when i ran the fault check.
Ring the phone number, they will be able to give you an update on the status of the problem.
My internet is working, I don't need an update of the status of that fault.
I'm asking if that fault potentially caused my profile to drop.