Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 37

Re: Post Your Line Stats!

Go to solution

It has nothing to do with attitude. I was having nothing to do with your bit of fun until you posted  "I have to say I am surprised why even CL's/mod's aren't posting their line stats either! I would be very interesting to see theirs"

If you don't want a reply to comments like that you shouldn't make them!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 37

Go to solution

I think I would be interested in seeing some CL and mods line stats as I know some use different router/modem combos to us using the regular vanilla Home Hub 5 all in ones. But if it is going to cause any hoo haas then I will just keep myself to myself lol. 😞

A part from my PPPoE dropping and dsl staying up a week or so ago and me resetting my HH5 in between because of these odd issues (Slaps wrist.) 

Here is my stats again, I think there has been some uptake on my cabinet as I have less max data rates now but ho hum. My sync is still as top as it was when first installed. 

I also found out my cabinet is an ECI one so I was not too pleased about it, all the riff raff about G.INP and the like.

But I guess it is good my HH5A is pretty much a match for the cabinet. I understand matching nowadays and the like is not a big deal anymore. 

I guess it is still good in a way right? (Still learning.) Considering I have not chose 3rd party stuff, which is still financially not viable for me.

But I am trying to make the best out of what I have. 🙂

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ42338353
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 04/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:7 days, 09:53:49
6. Data rate:20000 / 79995
7. Maximum data rate:32708 / 97750
8. Noise margin:15.1 / 10.5
9. Line attenuation:7.2 / 10.6
10. Signal attenuation:7.1 / 10.6
11. Data sent/received:7.2 GB / 90.3 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Everyone is probably sick of seeing my stats LOL. 

@czoyl All looking good there!

Mark.

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

@MarkG33 wrote:

@czoyl All looking good there!

Thank you for looking over mine and for commenting. I have learned a little and can recognise your speeds are very good.

Colin

0 Ratings
BT Expert
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Here are mine (ADSL)

Using Netgear D6300 with QoS configured on both downstream and upstream. Actual line attenuation (according to the Home Hub, when last used) is around 67dB. Some modem routers only show a max line attenuation of 63.5dB.

On BT Wholesale 21 cn network, though on ITU-T G.992.1

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 1580 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 63.5 db 31.5 db
Noise Margin 5.5 db 10.0 db

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

@gg30340 My apologies. I was only making a statement to say as to why the mod's weren't getting involved with this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution

@James-C Interesting stats there, James. Those stats are similar to the ones I had pre 2012 here.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution

@William_Grimsley wrote:

@gg30340 My apologies. I was only making a statement to say as to why the mod's weren't getting involved with this thread.

.......and I was only replying why I hadn't posted. An apology was not needed.

0 Ratings